What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Mazda 6 - Mazda 6 TS EGR System - lion345

For eighteen months now I have been plagued with the engine warning light coming on. I have had the EGR valve replaced 3 times in 4000 miles and had numerous attempts by the dealer to find the problem. Now the dealer says that there is no vacuum at the EGR valve and they cannot trace where the problem is and have given up on it. So I am at the stage where I take the chance and run the car with the light on or sc***e it. Mazda Customer Service (when they eventually answered the phone) were dismissive and unsympathetic saying the car is outside it;s warranty and so they don't want to know

It has always been serviced by Mazda, is a 05 with 70000 on the clock. It has had the cam belt replaced at the last service.

Please, please is there anyone out there who has had this problem and overcome it.

Dan

Mazda 6 - Mazda 6 TS EGR System - Med

I apologise if this wont help because i am not much of an engine expert! i am sure someone will help though.

I have started a campaign against Mazda, referring to their poor customer service & lack of customer satisfaction. Give me an email on contact@mazda-campaign.co.uk explaining your problems and what experience you had with the customer service, this will all build up & hopefully lead onto them thinking like other manufacturers. (not saying all are good but a majority of them are better than mazda customer service)

One shot you could try is that justanswer place? they have mechanics on hand? or if not try http://www.mazda6forums.co.uk/forum/index.php/board,2.0.html register and post on there. Widen your forum posts and you'll get an answer.

Mazda 6 - Mazda 6 TS EGR System - cj1000

hi your dealer should already know there is an issue with the servo pumps if no vac is present there is an easy fix only take half an hour to an hour labour only if this has been carried out correctly then the only other fault i have known is the solinoids this is unusual. in my experence its never the valve on this model

hope this helps