What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
ford cougar v6 - flashing/pulsating headlights - steve7423

flashing headlights and slightly overcharging on alternater,also not running as smooth as it should,already had new alternator,still the same problem..........help guys.....

steve7423

ford cougar v6 - flashing/pulsating headlights - steve7423

this problem has now been solved.....the new bosch alternator at 195.00 was not the correct one to fit....it needs to be the ford smartcharge one at 240.00....now everything works superb on the car.....there was concern that they need calcium batteries as well but this is not the case as this model (2001)was still in its infancy when launched,you just need a good heavy duty one.....the voltage is now exactly where it should be and it drives very very well......the same applies to anyone with similar electrical problems where you think volts is a problem on the v6 mondeos as well....fit the smartcharge from ford...i had mine fit at my local garage but ford wanted 365.00 to supply and fit....hope this helps anyone in this position....

steve7423....

ford cougar v6 - flashing/pulsating headlights - Peter.N.

The alternator was one of the last components to be fairly standard and uncomplicated - they have even messed that up now!