What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
HDD recorder - nick62
Our Panasonic HDD/CD recorder has developed a habit of sometimes recording TV programs, such that when playing back, the sound is perfect, but the picture jumps as if it is missing some frames other frame (a bit like when fast forwarding at 1.5x, but with perfect sound). It makes you feel seasick if you watch it!

Does not happen all the time and no obvious pattern to when it happens. Seems to generally affect the whole of the recording, but has happened mid-way through some.

Automatic software updates is enabled and re-tuning has no effect!

Model is DMR EX75EB-S

Any suggestions as to the problem?
HDD recorder - Rats

Is there an option on the machibne to de-frag the HDD? It may help.

HDD recorder - bintang

Google AV Forums, sign up and turn to the PVR section. Ask your question there - the site seems to have some amazingly knowledgeable experts. Maybe Panasonic has its own website help? How about your dealer? Mine is large and has its own experts.

I use the Humax Foxsat-HDR and a Factory Reset often sorts problems.

HDD recorder - OG

You don't happen to live in the Oxford area do you?

I had this problem with my Panasonic HDD recorder but only on Chanel 4 and I noticed it occured watching live through the recorder too. I could clear the problem by switching channels and back. Suspecting a transmitter problem I wrote to C4 and apparently they have been working on the main Oxford transmitter which has meant switching to a lower powered stand-by. I think the work has now finished as, touch wood, I haven't noticed the problem for the past week or so.

Hope that helps.

HDD recorder - bintang

You don't happen to live in the Oxford area do you?

No, the dealer is Purewell in Chritschrch. It is related to or supplied from the large Euronics group and this may explain its size and staffing with experts.