What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus II 1.6 petrol - Misfire - alwaysaproblem
Two weeks ago had the same problem, mainly in 2nd/3rd gear (below 3000 Rpm) car would misfire with a gentle judder, EML came on then went off, had spark plugs replaced as badly corroded, and mechanic said there was fluid in the compartment so he cleaned it all away. Car then fine.

Today, same thing again, juddery and EML light flashing then turning off?

Only brought the car 3 weeks ago, done 40k?
Ford Focus II 1.6 petrol - Misfire - dieselfitter

>>spark plugs replaced as badly corroded, and mechanic said there was fluid in the compartment

Don't know for sure, but saw this problem recently on a Focus II 1.6 petrol that was up for sale (but I didn't buy). The owner had been repeatedly troubled by fluid collecting in the spark plug wells and corroding the plugs. He had resorted to screwing an old rubber floor mat to the top of the engine, as an umbrella! I'm guessing this was a windscreen washer fluid leak?

Ford Focus II 1.6 petrol - Misfire - Carl2

Main dealers replace these plugs with a covering of silicone grease.

Ford Focus II 1.6 petrol - Misfire - dieselfitter

I'm curious though - where is the water coming from? This doesn't seem to be a one-off problem, but I don't think all Mk IIs suffer from it either. Anyone know the cause?

Ford Focus ii 1.6 petrol - Misfire - jords

rainwater leaks through the bonnet washer jet holes and then drips into the void around the spark plugs .ford know about this and modded washer jets are available which have a small rubber gasket on them (10 pounds for both).my mums car had exact problem . i dried out the void with kitchen roll fitted new spark plugs with coopperslip ,new washer jets no more probs (about a year ago)