98 1.25 NEW Heater Valve, only cold air? - Phil C
Hey.

I have a ford fiesta 98. I had this problem a few weeks ago, which was sorted when I had the heater control valve replaced with a BRAND NEW one. This cured my problem for around 2-3 weeks and I had glorious hot air! Rather than cold only in -5C outdoor temperatures!

Anyway, since the hot air has packed up again, I only have cold air and the part is brand new. SURELY it CAN'T be the new part?

The coolant level is fine, though I think the thermostat is abit dodgy. The engine temp gauge used to be right in the middle but now it's usually under half or just over..

Phil
98 1.25 NEW Heater Valve, only cold air? - Peter.N.
Feel the temperature of the heater inlet/outlet pipes, if one is hot and the other cold or both cold - it could
98 1.25 NEW Heater Valve, only cold air? - tony@tooting
Phil,
Disconnect the terminal block connector from the valve. The valve SHOULD now be fully open, so if the heater still does not blow hot air, either there is no water flow, or the valve is decective. (I take it the water level is ok?)
98 1.25 NEW Heater Valve, only cold air? - ian inglis
near the filler cap is a small bore rubber pipe follow this to the other end it will be blocked where it fits on the cylinder head remove the fitting and clear the blockage with a drill or woodscrew re connect and refill
this is a common problem on this model - should do the trick