What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Farewell Mondeo - Great used car. - M.M
Just had confirmation my Mondeo has sold through a contact without advertising.

Almost two years ago I bought the 2001 Ghia X Estate 2.0 petrol on a whim from friends who'd changed to a people carrier. It's been a bit of a time out from my usual Citroen diesels but what an excellent used car for anyone in the £1k - £7k range.

The only real motivation for selling it were the fuel bills at 30mpg average. A smaller factor was the over sharp ride on its 17" alloys with 50 profile tyres.

Apart from that it has been pretty well all good. Good refinement, comfortable seats (elec leather) with loads of space in the rear too. We've used it to move twice.. the rear loadspace in the estate is huge. For me just about every control was in the right place and easy to operate without distraction from the road.

Lots of toys on the Ghia X that actually increase driving comfort and efficiency.

No reliability issues. Just servicing, aircon re-gass/adjust, tyres, a wheel bearing and track rod end.... all routine stuff as I took it from around 85k to 110k. The 6-CD changed did fail as they often do but I never bothered to replace it.

A very strong engine that never missed a beat. Very effective auto climate control.

Depreciated just £400 in 2yrs.

Wouldn't hesitate to say get one if they suit your needs.
Farewell Mondeo - Great used car. - PBB
Thanks for this M.M

It's certainly put this vehicle on my shortlist when our 406 eventually calls it a day

What are you planning to replace it with, if you don't mind me asking?
Farewell Mondeo - Great used car. - rtj70
I think he got a Citroen C5.
Farewell Mondeo - Great used car. - Alby Back
Don't "mention the war" Rob... ;-))
Farewell Mondeo - Great used car. - rtj70
I nearly did... but no lets not.
PBB.

Yep as they said I've a new C5 HDi Tourer now. An opportunity arose to have this new Citroen and I couldn't say no really.

However initially I was thinking of a £7k replacement and it would very likely have been a Mondeo diesel estate on 16" wheels.... that or possibly a Passat estate.

Mention the war if you must guys.
BTW I didn't even have to sell the Mondeo as such. Called into the local garage who've always serviced it to get some plates made up to take off its reg no and the guys found a buyer in hours as they knew it to be a straight car.

Edited by M.M on 16/01/2010 at 20:27