What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Book service online with Ford - Snakey
I seem to remember Ford used to let you book a service online, and they gave you a quote for the work requested based on your car (i.e a yearly service or cambelt change)

I can't seem to find this on their website anymore - does anyone know if its still available or where it is?
Book service online with Ford - Galaxy
It's long gone, I'm afraid.

I think it's possible to book an online service with some individual Ford Main Dealers who have websites, but the Ford central one no longer exists.

Book service online with Ford - Snakey
Ahh shame, I was going to see how much an 'official' cambelt change was on my Focus and use that as a yardstick against dealers and independents!
Book service online with Ford - gazzauk
Just ring the main agents. You might also be surprised how far they will haggle on the quoted price, with the current climate as it is.

Got nearly £60 off a small service on the wifes 207 late last year, which meant at £145 all in it was only £20 dearer than an independant using genuine bits. Worth that for the stamp in the service book!

G
Book service online with Ford - TurboD
My local Foerd dealer offers a special price for 4year old + cars, which is £89.95 for serving. This and 'the stamp in the book' seems reasonable, just be wary of extra selling options that are unnecessary.
So, not all the dealers are top price.
Book service online with Ford - Clk Sec
>>My local Foerd dealer offers a special price for 4year old + cars, which is £89.95 for serving. This and 'the stamp in the book' seems reasonable,

I don't thing main dealers should 'stamp the book' for anything less than a full scheduled service.

Perhaps TurboD's local Ford dealer is offering this, though, at a very competitive price.

Clk Sec
Book service online with Ford - DP
If it's a standard oil service, which I suspect it will be at <£100, there's still good profit in it. I can't see how an oil and filter change, plus a few checks can cost an establishment (oil, filter, mechanic's time) any more than about £25. Of course there are the overheads on top, but if they can get, say ten of these through in a day at half an hour a time, it's good business. I can buy Ford oil retail at well under four quid a litre, so bought in by the drum at trade must be considerably less than that. Say £3 for the filter, £10 for 4 litres of oil, £12 for labour. Can't be too far out, surely.

I wonder how many people taking advantage of this offer get the "you need new front brake pads" phone call though. That was my wife's experience taking a car for an all-inclusive service at a local indie once. Of course there was nothing wrong with the pads, or any of the other things they tried to bump the bill up to £375 with.
Book service online with Ford - jc2
Our local Ford group has a centralized booking service for all its' dealerships.Also check Ford "rapidfit" prices against their ordinary workshops.They don't charge the same and it's not always the rapidfit that's cheaper.