What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
02 1.8 Temp & Fuel Gauges on when ignition off - moxjan
Hi,
I have a 2002 Focus Focus TDCI, which has developed an odd
fault.
When I switch the ignition off, the Fuel & Temperature gauges go to
the halfway position (normally they park at zero)
When the ignition is on, the gauges return to zero then work normally.
There is a post (morrisoxford 24 dec 2007), but no fix given.
Anyone help please!
02 1.8 Temp & Fuel Gauges on when ignition off - Simon
Its a common fault as far as I am aware, google it and I am sure you will find quite a bit of information to trawl through.
02 1.8 Temp & Fuel Gauges on when ignition off - WorkshopTech
These dash packs are rubbish. Get in touch with Ford customer services and they should sell you a new one for about £100. This follows their embarrasment on Watchdog because so many of these fail.
If you buy from Ford parts dept they are £300-400. You will have to pay to have it fitted as well of course.
02 1.8 Temp & Fuel Gauges on when ignition off - Singlish
I thought the £100 charge included labour, however I could be wrong. I had exactly the same problem with my 2003 Focus, just before the 3 year Ford warranty ended, I had the panel replaced free of charge, after complaining 3 times!

Andrew

SQ

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 06/02/2010 at 18:18

02 1.8 Temp & Fuel Gauges on when ignition off - kestrel

Hi,
My Focus has the same problem but as long as the gauges are accurate with the ignition on there isn't a problem.
02 1.8 Temp & Fuel Gauges on when ignition off - gadgee
Agree with kestrel. My 02 plate 1.6 Focus occasionally has this problem. I read that it is caused by a dry joint in the instrument panel. Ignore it if your gauges work correctly with the igntion switched on.