What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
New owner questions - weehawken
I have just bought my first mondeo (51 plate) having lost my company car with my last job.

Unfortunately it came without the manual, could someone recommend a place to start hunting for one?

Also, and this is the embarrassing bit I have now idea how to open the fuel cap or the bonnet. I've looked for the usual levers/switches etc but nothing jumps out.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Pugugly on 22/12/2009 at 21:14

Newb Questions - Pugugly
E-Bay.
Newb Questions - weehawken
many thanks
Newb Questions - andyp
IIRC you open the bonnet by "swiveling" the Ford badge on the grille, then inserting the key into the then visable lock and turning it clockwise to unlock it, then anti clockwise to release the safety catch.
IIRC you open the bonnet by "swiveling" the Ford badge on the grille then inserting
the key into the then visable lock and turning it clockwise to unlock it then
anti clockwise to release the safety catch.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated. Any thoughts on how to stick fuel in it?
Newb Questions - Old Navy
Any thoughts on how to stick fuel in it?

The fuel flap may unlock with the central locking.
Newb Questions - Pugugly
snip

Just found a downloadable one here. Google result.

Edited by Pugugly on 22/12/2009 at 21:14

Newb Questions - cheddar
There is a lever on the floor by the driver's seat for the fuel cap.
thanks for the help/link.

Unfortunately the link has 2 pieces of malware in it. will wait for the ebay order to arrive.
Newb Questions - Pugugly
Sorry about that - removed it now. My Mac never mentions stuff like that !
Newb Questions - bell boy
thanks for the help/link.
Unfortunately the link has 2 pieces of malware in it. will wait for the ebay
order to arrive.

> interesting that,i was going to advise a warning that you dont get out for free but got sidetracked by the tv
Newb Questions - Pugugly
Was that free ? You get a lot free here though !
Newb Questions - ifithelps
Have never understood why more cars don't have a key-locked bonnet - seems such an obvious, sensible solution.

Bit like heated front screens, although I think there may be some patent issues there.

Speaking of bonnets, I helped an American tourist open the bonnet of his hired A - or possibly B - class Merc.

It was at a petrol station in Scotland a few months back.

The American, and a helper, had got the bonnet open one click and were about to get the tin opener when I exercised my licence to interfere.

For some reason, I knew to look for a plastic tongue protruding through the grille, which I found, which duly released the second latch on the bonnet.

The tongue bit was far from obvious and more of it should have poked through the grille, to make things easier.

Just to complete the story, the oil light on the Merc had come on, which was why the American had stopped.

The oil was low on the dipstick, but still in the hatched area. Half a litre convinced the light all was well.

The other thing I remember was how polite the American was.

He was a few years older than me, but thanked me very firmly and clearly several times.

Edited by ifithelps on 23/12/2009 at 01:38

Newb Questions - Blue {P}
That's my experience of Americans too, almost all that I've met have been extremely pleasant, friendly and polite, although some from New York let the side down but that's not surprising!

My fuel lever is down on the floor on the right hand side in front of the driver's seat.

EDIT: My car's a Mondeo III by the way!

Edited by Blue {P} on 23/12/2009 at 03:33