What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
53 Plate Fiesta Key??? - fredthefifth
Hi All, I don't think this is strictly technical so trying here.

My daughters 53 plate Fiesta Zetec 1.4 Petrol, only came with one ordinary key, the other was lost by the original owner prior to her purchasing the car privately. We never asked, but have just started to wonder whether the other key was likely to have been the blipper type?

Can anyone advise please.

Ta.
FTF

53 Plate Fiesta Key??? - Wurzel83
www.parkers.co.uk/cars/equipment/Summary.aspx?mode...8

Seems like remote locking was only standard from 2005 so unlikely.

If you need to have another Key cut then it will cost you a fiar bit to programme not having the other key (the manual will explain). Ford will say that programming of a second key is one hours labour plus vat but if you call around a few auto electricians you may get it as low as £30 plus vat like I did.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 25/11/2009 at 21:33

53 Plate Fiesta Key??? - Bill Payer
If the car has central locking then it would still work when locked with the key.

If it does, then it should have a blipper key.
53 Plate Fiesta Key??? - fredthefifth

It does have central locking in that unlocking or locking the driver door with the key does the same to the passenger door (its a 2 door)

Does that confirm that it should have a blipper key then?

Ta.
FTF
53 Plate Fiesta Key??? - CHDoyle
Hi there,
Your thread caught my eye as up until very recently I was the owner of a 53 plate Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.4 Petrol 3 Door.

To answer your question the 2 keys I had were both just ordinary keys, with no buttons for remote central locking.

Hope this helps

Christopher.

Edited by rtj70 on 02/12/2009 at 21:17