What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Car stolen, keys taken from house - Focus_Driver
My house got broken in to last night and my car keys were taken and used to drive the car away. I have 3rd party fire and theft car and buildings only house insurance. The house was properly secured and locked and the keys were in a draw in my bedroom. Would there be any complications with claiming for the theft of vehicle on my car insurance policy? If no, how much time do they allocate for the police to recover the car before they pay out?
Car stolen, keys taken from house - bell boy
every insurance company is different
if minimum /no damage to your car if found within 2 weeks your insurance company might tell you to take it back as found
Car stolen, keys taken from house - Falkirk Bairn
. I have 3rd party fire and theft car and
buildings only house insurance.

Take out some form of house contents - take a large excess and the premium will be modest. Floods/fire can clean you out.

Friend 35 yrs ago moved house and messed up contents insurance for new home - a fire caused the loss of all contents - furniture and clothes......................it took him many years to recover.
Car stolen, keys taken from house - ifithelps
...Take out some form of house contents ...

Wise words.

I think many insurance companies now combine buildings and contents which should make getting a policy simpler.

Car stolen, keys taken from house - daveyjp
I've just renewed my house insurance and before finding M&S who do unlimited policies we did an estimate for contents - it was close to 6 figures and we don't have a large house or expensive tastes.
Car stolen, keys taken from house - Alby Back
Very sorry to hear your news. I imagine the invasion of your privacy and the loss of your property is both upsetting and inconvenient. Lets hope that whatever the insurance and financial implications are that you are able to get back to some form of normality soon. Good luck.
Car stolen, keys taken from house - Martin Devon
Take out some form of house contents - take a large excess and the premium
will be modest. Floods/fire can clean you out.

Extremely wise words. Good for all.

Martin D
Car stolen, keys taken from house - moonshine

I can think of no reason why your car insurance shouldn't pay out.
Car stolen, keys taken from house - Focus_Driver
Thanks everyone
Car stolen, keys taken from house - bell boy
take photos of everything
find all receipts
take no crap from the asseser ,they are always self employed and only interested in screwing you so they earn a bonus
ps
hope everything works out fine for you
pps
i would move
Car stolen, keys taken from house - 1400ted
I have a current account with the Halifax. they sent me bumff about insurance.
Buildings and contents combined and including my garages and workshop. Also bikes away from home. Really comprehensive stuff. Cost about £30 a month but that includes three items of jewellery over £1500 each ( not mine ! ) at a fiver each.
I feel a lot better with this in place.
I don't know if the price is competetive but I've only got a few little DDs so am not too bovvered. Good luck and don't let the pink fluffy dice grind you down.
I don't see why you car insures won't settle...your keys were hardly on view, after all.

Ted

Edited by Webmaster on 21/11/2009 at 23:35