What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
03 1.6 Remote central locking - not all doors lock - jcoll292
Hi,

I just bought a used Focus, and am very happy with it - but the remote fob onlys locks/unlocks the front drivers side door. On other focuses I've seen the fob unlocks all 4 doors with a single press.

I have been told this is a configuration issue - the doors can be set up to behave in either way. But I can't figure out how to change this? Sorry if this is obvious but this is my first Focus experience and I've been googling for a while for the solution to no avail. Can anyone help me out please?

Cheers
03 1.6 Remote central locking - not all doors lock - elekie&a/c doctor
You can select between sequential unlocking and total unlocking by the following method;Sit in car with all doors closed;Ignition on then off;remove key and press both the unlock and lock buttons (on remote key)at the same time.You will hear a click or a tone after a few seconds .this will change the configuration.Do the same again to revert to previous setting.hth
03 1.6 Remote central locking - not all doors lock - jcoll292
Thanks very much for both replies I will give this a go!
03 1.6 Remote central locking - not all doors lock - L'escargot
......... the
remote fob onlys locks/unlocks the front drivers side door. On other focuses I've seen the
fob unlocks all 4 doors with a single press.

It's intended that a single press only unlocks the driver's door. It's a safety measure to prevent anyone else getting in through the other doors when you're on you own. To unlock all doors simultaneously, press the button twice. It will be explained in your Owner's Guide.