What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
05 1.6 front discs and pads fitted price? - focuskev
Hi.
Its time (after a free brake check) 'apparently' to change my front discs as they are below 23mm thickness at 21mm according to one of these fast fit type places.
Ive been quoted £160 for discs and £90 for pads..........anyone know if this is high priced?

{Name removed, following an allegation you were conned by them}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 10/10/2009 at 21:40

05 1.6 front discs and pads fitted price? - jc2
Presumably this includes labour?

Edited by jc2 on 04/10/2009 at 09:30

It sure does
05 1.6 front discs and pads fitted price? - the_bandit
sounds dear to me and they are unlikely to source Ford parts too.

I would check with your dealer / Rapid Fit first.

I heard my local dealer quote £200 for rear pads and discs on a Mondeo ST the other day so £250 for a Focus seems on the high side.

Edited by Smokey & The Bandit on 04/10/2009 at 10:51

Thanks.
Had my suspicions about the quote. Will try your advice
05 1.6 front discs and pads fitted price? - Galaxy
Based on what I paid for these parts for my Mondeo a couple of years ago then I think the price you have been quoted may actually be about correct. However, for that price I would expect all genuine Ford parts to be used, which was what I purchased myself.

As others have said, definitely go to a Ford Rapid Fit outlet and get a quotation from them. Even it it works out about the same do remember that Rapid Fit will only use all Ford genuine parts. I very much doubt that the other quick-fit type place you went to will!

05 1.6 front discs and pads fitted price? - Singlish
I have seen this offer on the Ford website, it may be worth asking your local dealer
www.ford.co.uk/OwnerServices/VehicleServiceandRepa...e

£129.99p RRP for a Brake Pad and Disc Change, at various Ford dealers. Sounds good to me!

Andrew>> >
05 1.6 front discs and pads fitted price? - Galaxy
I have seen this offer on the Ford website it may be worth asking your
local dealer
www.ford.co.uk/OwnerServices/VehicleServiceandRepa...e
£129.99p RRP for a Brake Pad and Disc Change at various Ford dealers. Sounds good
to me!

That's brilliant!

I wish that offer was on when I did my discs and pads.
Cheers Andrew.......I know what i'm doing first thing in the morning.

I had a quote from F1 Autocentre at £204.70 so it's certainly coming down.
£129.99p RRP for a Brake Pad and Disc Change at various Ford dealers. Sounds good
to me!
Andrew

SQ

Cheers Andrew....I know what im doing first thing in the morning.
Last quote from F1 Autocentre is £204.70 so it's coming down

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 04/10/2009 at 21:58

05 1.6 front discs and pads fitted price? - Fullchat
If you want to get a baseline price I would ring/visit your local motor factor. It a while since I have done any proper spannering and Focii are very common.
Discs £60 to £70 a pair ?? Pads £30 to £40?? Thats a guestimate and I wouldn't want to pay much more. I could be out but I'm sure one of our resident mechanics would be able to give a more accurate figure.
Of course then you have to fit the! Couple of hours maybe.
05 1.6 front discs and pads fitted price? - Altea Ego
from you local motor factor, Focii disks are about 30-40 quid a pair, pads 12-15 quid a set
from you local motor factor Focii disks are about 30-40 quid a pair pads 12-15
quid a set

Thanks chaps.......I went into the Ford main dealer to enquire about the 129.99 discs and pads and found out that the bill would rise to £262!!!!!!!!!! when complete so im afraid Andrew it's not all it seems.
I havent got the knowledge to do them myself so F1 Autocentre it will be at £204
As the name of this website suggests - 'honest' wasn't the word to come into play when I went into my F1 AUTOCENTRE today.
After having a free brake check done last weekend by one of these fast fit type places who mentioned my discs were under minimum thickness and I would need new ones and pads at £262 (which i thought was steep) I took it into F1 who were all ready to fit them only to find there was no problem whatsoever and they had a good 10k of mileage to do on them!!!!!!!!!!!
Talk about being conned..........where do I take this?

VERY DISGRUNTLED

{name removed, same reason as post No.1}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 10/10/2009 at 21:41

Ive been conned!!!!!!!!! - focuskev
See my previous message
Ive been conned!!!!!!!!! - Fullchat
No you have not. Someone has tried to have you over. Unfortunately its a sign of the times. There was a very similar thread recently regarding a dealer trying it on.
Unless you have a written report from both parties you are on a hiding to nothing.
It's easier to make do with the fact that you have spoiled their scam and spread the word.
I think a Mod will be along in a minute - 'No Naming a Shaming unfortunately'.

Ive been conned!!!!!!!!! - focuskev
Ive got reports from both and the fact that this company is part of a renowned association is utterly appalling. I can understand it from a dodgy backstreet car repair shop but this takes the biscuit.
Ive been conned!!!!!!!!! - Fullchat
Its the big outfits that have to meet targets and performance figures. Commission as well. Hence the temptation to 'over egg the pudding'.