What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
02 2.0 Changing PAS fluid? - theterranaut
Hi all,

I've a Mk3 Mondeo TDCi thats got a bit of a click or clunk felt through the steering column when moved sharply to the left. Easier to feel when stationary. Nothing obvious found when inspecting the external parts of the steering and suspension; springs look ok, ARB links look ok. Its possibly the rack/gear thats got some wear.

Short of fitting a new rack, someone has recommended some PAS fluid by Wynns thats designed to cure noise; I suspect its just a thicker version of standard PAS fluid. Has anyone ever drained and refilled the PAS fluid in this model? Is it tricky?

TIA-
02 2.0 Changing PAS fluid? - bell boy
in the words of will hay and his stooges
your wasting your time
BB, you enigma wrapped in a mystery you- as a man-of-the-trade, care to illuminate me?

tt

btw- pretty sure it was the Porter and not Will Hay that uttered them immortal lines...

Edited by theterranaut on 01/09/2009 at 14:37

02 2.0 Changing PAS fluid? - Armitage Shanks {p}
The quote was Winston Churchill re USSR. I haven't a clue about PAS fluid changes and whether they can cure noises in PAS systems!
02 2.0 Changing PAS fluid? - kithmo
IIRC there was a recall on the mk3 that involved greasing the steering column. Or it could be the joint at the bottom of the column.
Thanks KIth. Will check that out.