What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
05 2.0 fitting rear lights from an 06 model? - mr thicky
will the rearlight units off the 06 model,the chromestrip type, fit straight on the previous,non chrome strip type,on the mk111 mondeo? I quite fancy changing mine.
my car is an 05 ghiax. cheers anyone?.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 18/08/2009 at 01:23

05 2000 rear lights - kithmo
They do, but the later lights don't have built in reflectors, hence the reflectors on the bottom rear skirt on the later Mk3s, so you will have to fit the bottom skirt and reflectors too for it to be road legal.
05 2000 rear lights - mr thicky
thanks for that kith,will this render my old units wothless?
sorry kith got you now ignore last reply.thanks
sorry to trouble you again kith but could I just stick some reflectors on the old skirt or bumper?
you could, or you could cut holes in your skirt and fit the proper ones, but a new (or second hand) skirt with the correct reflectors would give it the correct look IMO. It's up to you.
thanks again kith. coincidentaly I followed a y reg mondeo this morning fitted with said lights and two small reflectors it looked ok so I think i'll do that till a secondhand skirt turns up. cheers. ps. what car do you drive?.
I've got a Mk4 mondeo Titanium now, previously had 2 Mk3s, last one a 55 reg Zetec TDCi (last facelift with the chrome rear lights) and a 2001 Ghia X V6 before that.
05 2000 rear lights - rtj70
So to have these lights you have to have the reflectors... I'd refer them without chrome. But I had (and since replaced) my Mondeo before these new lights came in.

Each to their own.
and your point is?
05 2000 rear lights - rtj70
thicky,

My point is... to have the chrome lights you need to either get the new right rear bumper (which you are not doing yet) or stick on deflectors. Kind of makes the whole thing look a little naff? In fact I always thought the chrome on the rear lights was a little naff. But at least I learned why the reflectors were there :-)

Edited by rtj70 on 19/08/2009 at 23:36

sorry rtj70 if I seemed abit rude I agree with you, now we know what the reflectors are for,thanks to Kith, I thought they were just for decoration.(hence my user name)