What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Sunderland automotive jobs for 130 people and more - Danny82
Hi all
It feels like last week when we talked about the batteries that Nissan will be making at Sunderland and the fact that maybe they will make the electric car here as well...
Oh wait, it was last week, and yet already Nissan has added more work to Sunderland with the make of the 2-litre engine. It?s not the electric car but it?s still a big leap. I?m interested to know what you guys think about this. It seems a bit sudden or isn?t it weird at all?

Cheers
Dan
Sunderland automotive jobs for 130 people and more - perro
Good news Dan! things could be 'on the up' ~
news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8183340.stm
Sunderland automotive jobs for 130 people and more - bell boy
its wallpaper for the bigger picture of the new car aint coming to sunderland though isnt it danny
Interesting article Perro, glad to see it?s looking up for Toyota. I?m a big fan.
I think any optimistic news at this stage is better than anything else. I can just imagine how manufacturers are keeping their eye on news that just shows signs of improvement in some way or the other.
But I would like to see the Nissan?s green car manufacturing come to Sunderland?
www.thegreencarwebsite.co.uk/blog/index.php/2009/0.../
This article seems to think that the electric car is the future of the automotive industry.
Well, obviously it?s literally the future but if the UK won?t be manufacturing any of the global models I can?t see how our automotive jobs will benefit from this like the rest of the world. Which is a total shame!

Edited by Danny82 on 05/08/2009 at 16:19

Sunderland automotive jobs for 130 people and more - bell boy
oh danny boy what pr company you work for?
But come ye back when summer's in the meadow
Or when the valley's hushed and white with snow
Lol,
I'll try and see that as a compliment, maybe I should go into PR...

Thanks for the wake-up call!