What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
99 1.2 Cooling Fan Not Coming On - janerical
Can anybody help my cooling fan is not coming on and the water is boiling, the motor on the fan is ok as it works when a wire is put from the battery to the motor, we have changed the temperature sender but still not working any help would be appreciated.
99 1.2 Cooling Fan Not Coming On - Peter D
There is a thermal switch normally in or close to the radiator that turns this fan on. The tempsender provides information to the ECU and the temp gauge. Regards Peter
99 1.2 Cooling Fan Not Coming On - elekie&a/c doctor
There is a fuse and relay in the engine bay fuse box.Situated on the bulkhead ,nearside.
fuses look ok how can i tell if the relay has gone?
A simple test of the integrity of the cooling fan circuit ,including the relay,is to disconnect the engine temp sensor(there is no rad sensor on these)and start the engine.This will put the system into failsafe mode and the fan should kick in within around 30 secs.hth
just tried this and the fan kicked in within 15 secs so what do we need to do now?
I would guess you have a coolant flow problem.Possible fault with thermostat,water pump or even rad cap.
rad cap looks ok it released pressure when it boiled up we will try a new thermastat and see how we go on thanks for your help i will let you know the outcome
OK changed thermastat still not coming on and still boiling over, not sure if this has anything to do with it but the heater in the car now only blows hot even when turned to cold. anybody able to help thanks
99 1.2 Cooling Fan Not Coming On - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up)
If the expansion tank cap is not sealing properly the system will not attain the trigger temp of 104 degrees Celsius and the system will boil up.
The temp inside the car is a separate issue and is most likely the valve on the bulkhead.
Hi put a new radiator cap on still boiling over we are now at a loss as what to do now help anybody
is there a difference with the temperature sender and the temperature sensor
Temp sender/sensor are the same.Is the car boiling up when stationary or on the move?
both i first noticed it when i came home from work and heard the sound of a kettle boiling under my bonnet it was the radiator expansion tank boiling over, i have not moved it since but ran it on the drive and it still boils over, changed sendor, rad cap, thermostat but still no joy do you think any thing to do with this powertrain control module thingy that is mentioned in the hayes manual?? if so what is it sounds expensive
Absolutely nothing whatsoever related to the powertrain control module.I would be looking at water pump next.Is the radiator getting hot all over,are there any cold spots?
how would i know if the water pump not working what could be wrong with it do they just stop pumping sorry to sound a bit thick but only a woman lol
just a another thing, when i disconnected the sender so the fan kicked in in fail safe mode it did not boil over so would this suggest the pump is working??