What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
02 1.8 abs light comes on after you start engine - eddie lane
my son has a 02 mondeo 1800 lx the abs light goes out when you first start the engine but after a couple of min the light comes on on the dashboard the car drives spot on i have had the brakes tested on a brake tester like the one for a mot i have changed all the 4 wheel sensors which i took of my mondeo which was ok on my car and it is still doing it his mot is due soon so i will have 2 get it sorted any one got any ideas thanks
eddie

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 23/06/2009 at 20:04

02 1.8 abs light comes on after you start engine - topbloke
check the alternator output when the light comes on,some/most systems have a over charge/protection relay fitted to save the abs module in the case of the alternator over chargeing,Regards TB
02 1.8 abs light comes on after you start engine - eddie lane
i was told that it mite be one of the reluctor rings are they on the cv joint or on the wheel bearing in the hub how hard is it 2 do thanks
02 1.8 abs light comes on after you start engine - topbloke
depends some are built into the bearing some are actually on the cv joint, if the abs system go's through the correct procedure at start up but only comes on once the car starts moving then most likely a sensor ring but still worth a charge check
02 1.8 abs light comes on after you start engine - elekie&a/c doctor
This car uses active abs sensors so there are no reluctor rings.The speed signal from the sensors is picked up from the magnetic wheel bearings .You will need to get a diagnostic check to see what is going on.hth