What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Holiday weekend. What doing, or going with the car - oilrag
An oil change perhaps? Maybe you`re going on a motoring holiday?

What`s in store for your car then?

A shock for it perhaps? washing last winters salt of the nether regions.. What salt?
;-)

Tell us about it, in a lighthearted way that lifts the human thingy, above all nastiness - which may or may not be elsewhere - but not here.

Regards ;-)
Holiday weekend. What doing, or going with the car - paulvm
I'm off on that rare treat - a motoring holiday. However, in order to maxmise overall pleasure I am leaving the UK.
We are driving down through France from St.Malo to Bordeaux, and have 2 nights booked there. Then driving on south and across the border into Spain and 3 nights in the Rioja region.
You may by now have worked out the general theme to this trip.
The Accord estate will now be fairly full so the return trip is on the Santander ferry for a "mini-cruise" back home.
Car all serviced ready and corkscrew packed!
Holiday weekend. What doing, or going with the car - bell boy
i wanted to do the calais run in someone elses charaban but the wife says we are doing the garden
on a weekend motoring route h4 bulbs were £3.95 in wilkinsons yesterday,far too dear i think
Holiday weekend. What doing, or going with the car - craig-pd130

I'm taking my car to a truly foreign land with an impenetrable, jaw-breaking language, a heavyweight police presence on the roads with zero tolerance for trangressors (especially incomers) yet offering some of the best driving I've encountered.

Yes, North Wales :-D

Tyres up to recommended pressures for high speed / max load, car serviced 500 miles ago, tankful of Ultimate and a route I know very, very well. It'll be a grand drive getting there (weather permitting).
Holiday weekend. What doing, or going with the car - redviper
I?m taking the newly acquired, Vectra C ? ?The Beast? to Stratford this weekend.
A Weekend away for our lass and I, and this time we wont have to take the C4 for a comfortable drive down.

Although it was valeted last Saturday, I?ve already managed to get the outside dirty lol!
So I?m going to give it a wash before we go and Check tyres, and levels etc

I?m really looking forward to taking it down there, its going to be a lovely weekend away too, I don?t know if im looking forward to the road trip or the actual weekend away more lol

Edited by redviper on 18/05/2009 at 14:17

Holiday weekend. What doing, or going with the car - Bagpuss
Going to Prague, but the car is staying at home.

Return train fare from Munich to Prague is a very fair 120 Euros for self and Mrs B.

No worrying about holiday traffic jams caused by dutch caravaners overturning their vans in the autobahn roadworks.
Holiday weekend. What doing, or going with the car - oldtoffee
Twickenham on Saturday for the Sevens Rugby - letting the train take the strain. Essex for a family dinner Sunday overnight. Steve Allen The Angina Monolgues at Hornchurch Bank Hol Monday afternoon with no doubt a traffic free M25 jaunt home early evening. Hmm.

Edited by NeilS on 19/05/2009 at 12:19