What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Main dealer spares prices. Can I check on line? - Carl2
Is it possible to check genuine Ford spares prices online? I would like to buy genuine spares all the time but don't like to argue If I think the price is very high. 9 times out of ten I'll use a top quailty part from elsewhere just because I know in advance what it's going to cost. Want to check plug leads at the moment.
Main dealer spares prices. Can I check on line? - DP
These guys are very good, have a lot of parts prices online, and do mail order:

www.tomoparts.co.uk

All their Ford parts are genuine Ford / Motorcraft items. They also do the Ford lubricants including the Formula-E that Zetecs like so much.

Mods - hope this is OK. I have no link with this company, but used them extensively for parts for my various Fords I and friends and family have owned and always had great service.

The Mazda / PSA thing is quite recent.

Cheers
DP

Edited by DP on 26/04/2009 at 12:52

Main dealer spares prices. Can I check on line? - bell boy
you need to play 2 ford dealer parts depts these days to make any sense as quite frankly they have lost my patience this last 12 months
the local renault dealer doesnt even do parts delivery to the trade anymore
my local factors are losing the plot weekly on prices
im using an A1 type factor again at the moment till everyone gets real
Main dealer spares prices. Can I check on line? - The Melting Snowman
AllenFord do parts on-line. (no connection)
Main dealer spares prices. Can I check on line? - Carl2
Great just what I was looking for. Last week I popped into my local main dealers for oil & filter. Person in parts dept said "that seems a bit dear I,ll take a bit off for you" (I,m just joe public not in the trade). He then took £9.27 off the price which made me think there must be a substantial mark up. Thanks.
Main dealer spares prices. Can I check on line? - Bill Payer
made me think there must be a substantial mark up. Thanks.

I used to work for Ford Motor Co and we got 62.5% off service parts, and 50% off most other things (this was years ago and the the pricing/discount may have changed now).
It was a bit of a nightmare though, as dealers would often say things were out of stock if we identified ourselves as Ford employees before asking for parts and if we hid that fact then some would refuse to sell to us even after they'd fetched the part.