Also applies to C1 & 107 - water pump failure - daveyjp
If you are running an Aygo/C1/107 check the water pump isn't leaking.

Our Aygo (late 2005 build) pump has failed and is now at the dealers waiting for a replacement.

There is a back order as the part has been redesigned to prevent further failures - first available date for a new one is 12 May.

The problem is a slow weep and there will be no evidence of water leaking from the car. Check the header tank level - ours was just above minimum and check around the pulley areas. You are looking for bright pink staining on all pulleys from the coolant.

Toyota have been excellent with us and provided a long term hire car - a Nissan Micra which is IMHO better than the Yaris I drove last week, it's just a pity it's so ugly on the outside!

Edited by Pugugly on 26/05/2009 at 20:25

Also applies to C1 and 107 - water pump failure - Stuartli
We have friends who have the Pug version of this car, which is less than three years old.

They've desperate to replace it as it's proved so unreliable.
Also applies to C1 and 107 - water pump failure - alex
I wonder why it's been so unreliable as its such a simple car ?

All three models are build on the same production line so all should have equal quality standards.
Also applies to C1 and 107 - water pump failure - Stuartli
That was my thought initially...:-)

The couple involved, however, do have a very genuine and permanent need for a reliable vehicle, so bought new.

Also applies to C1 and 107 - water pump failure - mcs
Have you paid to have this faulty pump replaced?

Is it covered by any sort of warranty etc?

This has just failed on my Aygo which is only 2 years old. I think it is resonable to presume these sort of faults should not happen to such a new car.
Also applies to C1 and 107 - water pump failure - daveyjp
All covered by warranty including the hire car.

I think the extra cost to the dealership of paying Enterprise managed to get someone to pull their finger out, or take a water pump off another Aygo as it only took a week to fix.

The new one is a completely different design.
Also applies to C1 and 107 - water pump failure - injection doc
stuartli, there is so little to go wrong what do they do with it for it to be so unreliable.
I bought C1 over a year ago & its been brilliant, drove it like a nun for the first thousand & now the kids & all drive it & its never still. Its been 100% reliable so far . 1 visit to dealer for first service & thats it. Not even had a bulb.

Water pump failure on any car at any age can occur & lets face it some very expensive top of the range cars have some of the most horrendous failures ever known.
I think a water pump failure if thats all in 2 years is not bad & a hire car thrown in!
BMW had cars off the road for months some years ago whilst they redesigned failing thermostats & there are many more major failing within manufactures. Volvo throttle bodys, Nissan Diesel engine failures . Could go on but would fill the page. There are worse things in life than a leaking waterpump, some people would be gratefull if thats all they experienced!
Also applies to C1 and 107 - water pump failure - Bill Payer
stuartli there is so little to go wrong what do they do with it for
it to be so unreliable.

Our SEAT Ibiza is a pretty simple car, but it's still broken down 4 times in 4 years - 3 of those times at moments that caused significant inconvenience.

It also miserably failed its MOT at 4yrs.

As it's the same car as VW Polo and Skoda Fabia then the same things could happen to one of those.