What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
97 1.2 Driver Side Electric Window Not Working - Magical Trevor
I've been having problems with the driver side electric window, initially it would just get stuck every now and then but now it wont move at all, the passenger side window works fine, also the light on the button for the driver side window isn't on (it is on the passenger side button though). I thought it might have just been a lose wire so I took the door panel off but the wires seem to be fine, I'm guessing it's not the fuse as the passenger side window is fine, any ideas what else it could be and any possible fixes?

Thanks
Trevor
97 1.2 Driver Side Electric Window Not Working - elekie&a/c doctor
The switches can be a bit troublesome on these.Try swapping over the connector blocks to the switch pack so that the pass switch operates the drivers window.hth
97 1.2 Driver Side Electric Window Not Working - Magical Trevor
I might try this tonight but won't this just mean the passenger window won't work if it is a faulty connector? Would a fault with the electric windows be displayed on a diagnostic? I was wondering if it was a problem with the motor/regulator but I don't want to buy one and fi it to find out it's a problem somewhere else.
97 1.3 Driver Side Electric Window Not Working - Magical Trevor
OK, really confused with this now, I did as suggested and swapped the connector blocks around and now both windows work fine (although I'm now using the passenger button to open the driver side window and vice versa) but if I swap them back again the driver side window stops working again. Any idea what might be causing this? Connector block or switch?

Thanks again for any advice.
Trevor

Edited by Magical Trevor on 12/03/2009 at 21:41

97 1.3 Driver Side Electric Window Not Working - elekie&a/c doctor
I think you have proved that the motor is ok,so I would suggest change the drivers door switchpack.Also check the pins in the connector plugs to make sure that they have not "opened up"to cause a poor contact.hth
97 1.3 Driver Side Electric Window Not Working - stairman

Had a similar problem on my wifes 03 fiesta, eventually traced it to the door post wiring harness connector (between the door hinges), it had become disconnected although it was still in position and looking at it it was still connected, Re-fitted and the window worked immediately

97 1.2 Driver Side Electric Window Not Working - bubbles33

My window was stuck down, thought it would b an expensive trip to the garage, but tried this and bingo!!!! Thank u very much :)