What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
03 1.4HDi Cold Start Problem - astrokid
Changed Heater Plugs,Oil and Filters Also Control box for pre-post system, there is a leak somewhere in fuel system, as there is air in the manual priming pump every time I go to restart the car after a couple of hours of being parked up. Been to Citroen Dealer, HaHA ,could be faulty injector(s) might have to change 1 or could end up changing 4,at £250 a pop!Could not be sure that they would get it right first time they said.Well what if I book it in for a diagnostic test said I, No point really was the reply, just bring it in leave it overnight and we'll go from there! This reply doesn't leave me feeling confident with thier ability to solve the problem. The reply that I had gives me the feeling of "Just write me a blank cheque ". Anyone out there able to help?

{shouting in header reduced}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 21/02/2009 at 21:18

03 1.4HDi Cold Start Problem - 547HEW
Probably air ingress through the injector leak off hoses.
03 1.4HDi Cold Start Problem - astrokid
Thank's for the tip ,I will check this out , I might as well replace the lot as faf about with just one at a time.
03 1.4HDi Cold Start Problem - hcetigol

hello, interesting to read this, I having the same problem at the moment. Was there a simple solution?? thanks

03 1.4HDi Cold Start Problem - tazrhood

Hi, I have the same problem, taken to dealer and said i had a injector leak parted with £150. repaired. Now when I start the car from cold it takes a few turns to start, followed by a lot of white smoke. they have had it back a few time's now. still the same. What was the outcome / where did you find a leak as i also have air in the manual pump ? Did you replace all the spill pipes and injector connections? Thanks for any help