What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
2006 1.8 TDCi second flip key - djo
Hi,

My wife and I own a 2006 Focus Ghia 1.8 TDCi. When we got it, from our local car supermarket, it only came with one flip key (3 button; lock, unlock and boot hatch unlock). We asked about the 2nd key, which I think is supposed to be a standard non-flip one, but they had not got it. We enquired with the previous owner (fleet management company) but no reply...

It is a pain to only have one key, we would like to get a second key, preferably another flip one.

Our plan is to get one flip key (about £30-£40 on eBay) and get it cut to match our existing key, then use the method described in the manual to program the key to the car. Would this work?

Where can you get the keys cut, would your average high street place be able to do it?

If not, how much should it cost at the dealer?

Thanks in advance for any advice you folks could give.
David

Edited by Pugugly on 24/01/2009 at 18:37

2006 1.8 TDCi Second Flip Key - elekie&a/c doctor
Not so easy I'm afraid.A second or more keys can only be programmed with the aid of diagnostic equipment which means main dealer or a good independent.Don't waste you money on flea-bay.hth