What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
02 1.8 - how to open tailgate? - eddie lane
my son can not open the tailgate on his 02 mondeo when you press the button inside thew car you can here themechanisam work but the tailgate will not open even with the key you can here the lock but will not open he has told me that when he locks the car it all locks but the indecators do not flash any help please. bigtedbronco@hotmail.co.uk

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 25/12/2008 at 23:54

02 1800 how two open tailgate on 02 mondeo - rtj70
My 03 Mondeo boot lock failed (it would not close). Sounds like he's affected in a similar way.

Somone once said on here that there is a keyhole on the boot/hatch but you do not see it normally because you need to "look up from below". They implied it was next to the hatch/boot release button. I have no idea if this is true as I had replaced my car by then and crouching behind someone elses car would look suspicious.

If I were you, I'd ask to have the email address removed or you might get spam. Also better if responses posted here for others to benefit.

Rob

02 1.8 - how to open tailgate? - Saltrampen
On 05 model
In the middle of the rubber membrane you press to release tailgate from outside is a small rubber circle which looks like it may come off - if same on 02 model, could try seeing what is under it as it is key sized.
Nothing in owners manual on this.
02 1.8 - how to open tailgate? - eddie lane
i have tried it with the key it makes a noise but will not open.i have took all the trim of the tailgate the is nothing 2 pull and open the tailgate.do you think if i recet the fob it mite unlock the tailgate as the rest of the car unlocks and locks if so does anyone know how 2 set the fob thanks bigted.
02 1.8 - how to open tailgate? - AndrewMarc

looks like i have the same problem => www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?f=4&t=70...5

how did you sort it etc?

thanks in advance