What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
07 1.6 Clock keeps losing time - whoopwhoop
Mk2 Ford Focus, 2007 model, Petrol.

The clock is built into the radio head unit (6000)and the time loses a minute or two a week.

It's been to the dealer a couple of times now. They've changed the head unit and bizarrely the new one is doing the same! (yes they definately changed it as the old one had a scratch on it).

I can only assume the electronics for the clock is not contained within the radio unit? i.e. that the radio is only the display.

There's no option to sync the time with RDS (unlike the older versions of the same radio).

Any ideas?
07 1.6 Clock keeps losing time - Chrome
My dad's Mazda 3 clock does the same and it drives him mad, he is 74 now and is a bit fixated on this issue *roll eyes*. I really cannot see what the problem is, he wears a watch and listens to R4 with its constant news / time checks, plus he is retired and never has to be anywhere on time anyway!
07 1.6 Clock keeps losing time - Dynamic Dave
>>> The clock is built into the radio head unit (6000)and the time loses a minute or two a week.

Same with our Focus pool cars, and the 55 reg Trasnit Connect that has the clock in the speedo housing. I cannot understand why Ford can't link the clock to the RDS radio signal like Vauxhall (and possibly others?) do. IIRC the stereo's that Ford fit displays the RDS time anyway for a brief period when a few buttons are pressed on the stereo.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 15/12/2008 at 10:13

07 1.6 Clock keeps losing time - keppy
Yep just the same for me since new... just a tiny niggle i can put up with. I enjoy adding a minute or so every couple of weeks whilst sitting in the car park waiting for the wife to stop her spending.
Other thing is the radio display only shows the clock display when radio switched off ... it does allow me to change the date etc but it doesnt retain the date and i cant find in the menu an option to have time or date and time ?? model 6000cd

Ken
07 1.6 Clock keeps losing time - MikeTorque
Same problem with my Focus, it's random whether it retains the date or time when changed, didn't use to get these niggles on the Focus I, nice car shame about the lack of attention to some detail, Ford take note.

Ken, the clock should be displayed when the radio is switched on.
07 1.6 Clock keeps losing time - L'escargot
Mk2 Ford Focus 2007 model Petrol.
The clock is built into the radio head unit (6000)and the time loses a minute
or two a week.
It's been to the dealer a couple of times now.

Did you ask what sort of accuracy they expected it to have?
07 1.6 Clock keeps losing time - Sgthree

I am having exactly the same issue. Did anyone find a solution?? Have messaged Ford, but not holding my breath.

I have no 'RDS time' option and no date displayed when powered off.

I'd love to know if there is a solution (other than buying a replacement unit off eBay that might do the same thing!)