What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
03 1.8 Radio reception - worc1154
Hi,
Have just brought a second hand ford focus with the 6000 series CD player, this works fine with CD's, but I only get static from the radio. I am guessing this means that the aerial is somehow disconnected. It appears to be fitted to the top of the car correctly, so wondered if anyone knew where else this break might have occurred, the only other place that I can think of is the point the aerial reaches the radio, so would also like to know if there is a way I can check this without having to take the radio out as I don't have the code to restart it.

Alternatively, does anyone have any other thoughts on what might be causing this problem?

Many thanks in advance

Daniel
03 1.8 Radio reception - MikeTorque
There is a known problem with the 6000 series radio that causes a lot of static type noise to occur, your Ford dealer will know the component that needs replacing.
03 1.8 Radio reception - AndyT
There is a known problem with the 6000 series radio that causes a lot of
static type noise to occur your Ford dealer will know the component that needs replacing.

Any chance you could give us a clue, so as to avoid having to visit a dealer?
03 1.8 Radio reception - mikej
I recently reinstated the OEM 4000 series cassette player in my 1999 Mk1 Focus, before trading it in.

If the 6000 CD player is the same as the 4000 (in terms of fitment), then you should be able to partially remove the stereo from the dash (enough to check the aerial connection at the rear) without the need to disconnect the power.

My 4000 could be removed with the standard removal tool (as sold in Halfords) - the 6000 is likely to be the same I would have thought.

Can anyone who has removed a 6000 CD confirm my assumptions to be correct ?