What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
98 1.8 - where's the washer pump fuse? - Tell
Can anyone tell me where the washer pump fuse is on a '98 Mondeo.

Manual and Haynes are no help at all but surely there is a fuse?

{no need to repeat make/model & year/engine details in the subject header as the drop down menu selection takes care of that! Please read the sticky post up above}

Edited by Pugugly on 14/12/2008 at 16:52

98 1.8 - where's the Washer Pump fuse? - Simon
It should be on one of the fuses in the main fuse box, probably not a circuit on its own but shared with another. I can't be more specific as I am not familiar with the Mondeo fuse layout.
{no need to repeat make/model & year/engine details in the subject header as the drop
down menu selection takes care of that! Please read the sticky post up above}

Thanks for the errrr, help.

Is it really possible that there's no fuse for the washer pump? Seems implausable.
98 1.8 - where's the washer pump fuse? - Simon
No, it will be fused.
Glad to hear that. I suspected it had just been left of the diagrams but I was starting to doubt myself.

There are three fuse boxes listed in Haynes, and checking fuse by fuse they correspond to the ones listed in the Ford Owners Manual Fusebox Diagram. Neither mention a washer pump fuse.

So no joy there.

Then, referring to the wiring diagram, it shows two fuses in the engine fusebox.

F1 & F10.

F1 is the 80A main power supply - that must be ok.
F10 is the ignition switch fuse - that is also ok.

Apart from those two, no other fuses are shown on that diagram.

I'm probably reading the diagrams wrong - I don't really have the knowlege for this - I fear I need someone to spoonfeed me and tell me a fuse number and which box it's in.
98 1.8 - where's the washer pump fuse? - elekie&a/c doctor
This year Mondeo only has 2 fuse boxes .One in engine bay and 1 behind the glove box.I would think that the washer pump is on the same circuit as another function so the fuses are possibly ok.More likely to be the pump at fault.I can check on Ford tis tomorrow for exact fuse location.hth
98 1.8 - where's the washer pump fuse? - jc2
It should be listed in the driver's manual and there should be a pictogram on the lid of the fusebox-the one inside the car.
> I would think that the washer pump is on the same circuit as
another function so the fuses are possibly ok.More likely to be the pump at fault.

I think that's likely, but for obvious reasons I want to identify the fuse before fiddling around at the front of the car.
I can check on Ford tis tomorrow for exact fuse location.hth

That would be a real help. Many, many thanks.
98 1.8 - where's the washer pump fuse? - elekie&a/c doctor
According to Ford Tis ,washer pump is on fuse 20 (10 amp) in central fuse box behind glove box.Also controls rear wiper motor.hth
According to Ford Tis washer pump is on fuse 20 (10 amp) in central fuse
box behind glove box.Also controls rear wiper motor.hth

That's fantastic, thanks. Rear Wiper works fine so looks like I'm attacking the washer pump.

I really appreciate this.