What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
1998 1.25 Rear Heated Screen - Phil C
Hello! Here's my problem. The grid on my back window does not operate whatsoever. I've looked at the 4 pins in my tailgate and I've noticed one pin is stuck and does not make contact with the contacts below when the boot is closed.

Is this my problem? My rear window wiper is working just to let you know.

Thanks guys, Phil.
1998 1.25 Rear Heated Screen - elekie&a/c doctor
This could well be the problem.All the pins on the tailgate should be spring loaded and if I recall one of the contacts on the bodywork should be spring loaded ,for boot light.(if fitted)hth
1998 1.25 Rear Heated Screen - DP
I would agree it's probably the cause of your trouble. A breakers is probably your best bet for a new contact pin set. Clean the contact pads on the boot sill with WD40 and some fine wire wool while you're at it.
I never got the remote tailgate release working satisfactorily on mine, just as I never got the rear washer working properly on the mk2 Astra I had with this system. It's useless.

Well at the moment my rear window wiper works and my boot light works, so there's 2 pins out of 4 counted for. One is inoperable (Hoping that fixes my rear heated screen) and the other pin is for something I do not know :)

Thanks for the replies guys.
Fixed it! It was the pin that was stuck, cleaned the contacts and made the pin operable and all is fine :)

Thanks guys.
1998 1.25 Rear Heated Screen - henry k
Thanks for letting us know all is OK.

Welcome to the forum.