What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
05 2.2i-CDTi Fuel Consumption - smickers
Got my judder sorted out ... EGR valve software update though the car still feels dead in low revs ... Problem is now the fuel consumption has really went through the floor ... 30 mpg at best and thats taking it easy ...

Any ideas or does anyone have a diesel CRV and know there true MPG

Edited by Pugugly on 09/11/2008 at 23:03

05 2.2 2.2 i-CDTi Fuel Consumption - Xena
We have the same vehicle and ours does around 34 mpg (shown on the computer) used mainly for suburban driving - that's with the replacement EGR following recall. I understand they're not the most frugal diesels.
05 2.2i-CDTi Fuel Consumption - bsm
As Xena mentions there was a Honda recall for replacement of the EGR. My, 2006 model had a replacement EGR, no difference in performance ( revs smoothly, no hesitation or judder ) or fuel consumption, which has been around 44 mpg over the last 3000 miles of town and A road driving, the car is always loaded with tools and equipment. Done 40000 miles now.
05 2.2i-CDTi Fuel Consumption - Manatee
06 model year, now 52,000 miles - has always done 40ish - with care I can reliably get 44. I have never seen less than 35 except when towing. I doubt if I could get it down to 30.

It did have an EGR in accordance with the TSB, but did not have the hesitation issue before or after. It didn't appear to affect the car in any way.