What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
2002 1.6 Electric Window - fordfocus
Hi,

I have a 52 reg focus 1.6 ghia auto and the passenger side window has developed a mind of its own. It goes down and stays down without touching the button or if you do put the window down it won't come back up. The motor is working properly as far as i can tell. Any ideas anyone?

Edited by Webmaster on 04/11/2008 at 10:53

2002 1.6 Electric Window - Alby Back
Do you know if the previous owner is still alive ? If not you could try calling Ghostbusters !

;-)

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I once had a car that on one occassion opened all its windows while left parked. Never did it again. Never found out why. You could try looking for a blockage in the runners. The anti trap facility might be being triggered by something.

Edited by Humph Backbridge on 04/11/2008 at 12:48

2002 1.6 Electric Window - Paul G1pdc
www.howtomendit.com/answers.php?id=64657
looks like a common issue, my sister in laws focus when it was only 2 month old had a window that was in a mind of its own and turned out to be a faulty switch, how easy would it be for you to swap the 2 switches over.....
had a ford puma, and switch faults where pretty common on those...
paul....
ghost busters,,,you old git.....that dates back to 1985.....snigger...gremlins from the same year,,,,may-be thats the problem!!! hmm is it friday????
sold a 306 once and 18month later the current owner rang up and said the car had broke down, it was a private sale.....and asked what was wrong with it!!!! we did have a chat though and i said i'd never changed the original battery so that would be a good start considering the electrics where all dieing!!!
2002 1.6 Electric Window - fordfocus
Thanks for your suggestion, i'll give it a go...