Why does insurance vary so much ? - mustangman
It just about time to renew SWBO?s insurance, so the various comparison websites have been brought into action.

We were expecting the premium to go up since during this year I have inadvertently managed to gain 3 SP30?s this year, ( Grrrrr?..all by white vans in 30 limit areas. ) but I have been astounded by the variation.

For the VW Eos diesel the quoted rates were from £270 rising swiftly into the £400?s and beyond into £600?s and beyond.

I wonder how this can be so in the competitive world of insurance. I appreciate that some companies will not want me as I am clearly now a hazard to all decent good fearing folk, but the variation still seems unbelievable????

Edited by Webmaster on 25/09/2008 at 01:35

Why does insurance vary so much ? - Roger Jones
Different insurance companies specialize in different market segments, defined by age, location, type of car, etc. You will also see variance between different brokers getting quotes from the same insurance company. I once was insured by Kwik-Fit, but after their acquisition by Ford their renewal quote was a joke, apparently because Ford wished to favour Ford owners.
Why does insurance vary so much ? - L'escargot
As with most things, you get what you pay for. Some insurers give better cover and a better service than others.
Why does insurance vary so much ? - madf
went with the AA this year for Peugeot 106 as they were offering a 25% cashback.
Net saving 30% and under £100 fullly comp for first time for 10 years...

(ditto House Insurance with Sainsbury.. )

Net savings year over year on all insurance: £185...