What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
02 2.0 tdci estate - rear tyre wear - Desperardo
My estate Mondeo has developed a problem with the rear tyres, having now replaced 2 sets of tyres in 6 months, both wearing heavily on the inside edges.... there appears to be no movement in the joints or bushes, can anyone shed some light on this !

slt

Edited by Pugugly on 06/08/2008 at 19:46

02 2.0 tdci Estate Rear Tyre wear - jon-george
have the rear sub frame bushes check as i have has to have mine changed because of the same reason.
it is not cheap
02 2.0 tdci Estate Rear Tyre wear - Teccy
Mondeo estate rear subframe is totally different to saloon/hatch so this will not be your problem.My guess is you are carrying heavy loads and/or towing? This is usually ok if you have the model with self levelling shocks at the rear,but if not uneven tyre wear can be a problem.Maybe the rear track could be adjusted to offset the tyre wear,however this would be trial and error,i am assuming you have already had the tracking checked?
02 2.0 tdci Estate Rear Tyre wear - stanny123
Hi Teccy,
Had the same problem with 02 tddi estate taxi 0n 170,000 miles.Bushes all shot on rear but you couldn't tell until you removed the spring to release the tension on the arms.
Tyres were lasting 4weeks.Got complete 2nd hand back suspension from 24/7 spares for £145 plus delivery.
Fine now!
Stan.