What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
04 2.0 TDCi rear hubs and funny noise on braking. - Vespa180
Brand new (a week ago) pads and disks on rear, now when applying brakes get a, well, for want of a better description, plane taking off/whoooshhh sound... do pads need to be bedded in (we do on scoots) the geezer said the calliper might have been shot before he changed the pads/discs.. but said it was fine 'cos he managed to rewind it.. any ideas chap and chappetts?

signature chopped

Edited by Pugugly on 01/08/2008 at 21:05

04 2.0 TDCi rear hubs and funny noise on braking. - TurboD
Was this at a Ford dealer? or , shall we say , somewhere less proficient- i.e he was in an abbatoir the week before?
My brakes are silent when being applied- as is the rest of the Mondeo (05).
new discs would not need bedding in, but there may be a film of grease- should have been cleaned off first. Pads do take a little tome to mate with discs but usually do it silently but with some dust in my experience.
Noises come from, objects stuck betwen disc and pad, pads not fitted correctly, warped discs, loose compnents. Poor quality componets.

If it wasn't noisey before then it is something they did!

04 2.0 TDCi rear hubs and funny noise on braking. - Vespa180
Yeh m8, they were noisy, right to the bone on the pads, scored the discs so had to have a new set of both.... Not a Ford dealer, canny pay for a coffee at our local dealership - but major independant parts provider in county fitted them, quality pads and discs (got them cheap as he is selling up the parts department but keeping the garage) also, on reflection right to the bone on the off side pads but lots of meat on the near side, guy reckoned the calliper was sticking but he freed it when he fitted the pads/discs... I'll wap them with brake cleaner tomorrow and see what happens... They are stopping me bob on, just a weird noise when they do...as I said a sort of low whooshing - not a scrape or rattle... weird....

signature snipped - you have mail

Edited by Pugugly on 02/08/2008 at 01:09