What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
01 1.8 'Hidden' courtesy lights - Boggy
There was a thread ages ago regarding 'dormant' footwell courtesy lights in Mondeo IIIs where the lamp holders were fitted but no bulbs, so increasing the spec of the higher level models by fitting the bulbs thus charging more for an 'extra' - if all mark 3 Mondeos had them, where would I look? I've poked about in all the likely places but can't find them on my car!
01 1.8 'Hidden' courtesy lights - shadyarea
1 is under glove box there is a hole in the carpet lining need to get on your back to see. The 1 on drivers side is in line with brake pedal again you need to be on your back to see. They both look down on floor.you will need two bulbs the same as used for the side lights in the head lamps
01 1.8 'Hidden' courtesy lights - Saltrampen
I've looked on LX post 05 models (with a torch for a long time) and never found them, I think the holders were removed on the 05 makeover except for higher spec models.
01 1.8 'Hidden' courtesy lights - tony.obrien
Mine is an 05 LX and I've fitted the footwell lights!
01 1.8 'Hidden' courtesy lights - tony.obrien
Have a look at this link

www.stdrivers.co.uk/forum/showtopic.php?tid/4426
01 1.8 'Hidden' courtesy lights - cheddar
Good info!

My Ghia X has them and a rear compartment light, could be useful to put a rear compartment light in an LX/Zetec etc I would have thought.
01 1.8 'Hidden' courtesy lights - Paul G1pdc
I had a year 2001 Y reg mondeo mk3 2.0LX.
and fitted extra lights into the drivers and passenger side footwell, also did my father in laws year 2001 51 plate zetec model.
Hes never really trusted me, and when I said to him about fitting the extra bulbs was all worried and said should a dealer do it....20secs later both bulbs fitted and he wasn't so concerned, think he thought it was going to be a wire cutters job,,,,
when you stick your head into the footwell, and look up towards to the roof you want to follow the trim line that seperates the carpet and plastic on the underside of the dash, theres a few fixing screws (black of course) and unless you also have a little torch its easy to miss a hole with no screw in it....this of course is the bulb holder, they take 5w sidelight units costing about £1 for 2.
the one on the passenger side is also along this trim line, and again centrally positioned in the footwell.
Didn't keep my car long....it was a lemon to say the least, water leaking out of the high level brake light....was the rear water jet not sealed down, oil leaks, turned out dealer had over filled with oil and blown a seal, outstanding recall notice on brakes again dealer and rac who inspected the car blaimed each other, water leaked into the car via the drivers and rear drivers door skins, turned out to be faulty sealant when manufactured...and so it went on....oh and the dealer bent the car on the car ramp when it was having the rear calipers fixed....hmmm after 2 months of letters they bought the car back and I now own a v40...and its been trouble free....touch wood!!!
my father in laws car apart from leaky doors as well, and fixed first time was trouble free.....