What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Poor spares availability - Auristocrat
Has anyone else experienced problems in getting spares for Mazdas - especially Ford based Mazdas and specifically the first generation 2?
We have been waiting 8 weeks for our Mazda dealer to get an HT lead for our September 2007 2 (1.4 petrol).
Mazda Customer Service aren't interested
Our previous Mazdas (a 323 and a Premacy - both on 53 plates) had no such issues.
Seems especially curious as the 2 is based on the Fiesta/Fusion, uses Ford mechanicals and was built on the same production line as the Fiesta/Fusion
Poor spares availability - Kevin
8 weeks for an HT lead?

If they can't take one from dealer stock they can fly one in from Japan/wherever in 48hrs for $20 shipping cost.

If it was mine it would be parked outside the Mazda dealer with a big sign in the window saying

"8 weeks for an HT lead and still waiting!"

Kevin...
Poor spares availability - oilrag
Can`t Ford provide the lead, if its a joint venture on build?

Edited by oilrag on 24/06/2008 at 09:16

Poor spares availability - tintin01
We had a look at the new Mazda 2 at a dealership on Sunday - I assume this is the one you have. Very impressed with the interior space, comfort, and build quality. We didn't have a test drive because OH has strained his neck, but we are planning one for later.

I was surprised, however, that the wait for a new one was going to be a couple of months. Are these cars that Mazda has underestimated demand for, hence the waiting list and spares issue? I haven't seen that many around.
No it is the Mazda 2 that was produced between 2003 and 2007. We went for this as it offers more room than the new 2 - almost as much space as a Honda Jazz. The new 2 is smaller inside and has a less practical tailgate and loading sill.
Doesn't speak volumes for Mazda's aftercare service - as the HT Lead is a Ford part so should be readily available.
Unfortunately, as we want the HT Lead to be replaced under warranty - we're stuck with getting the part through Mazda
I have also contacted Mazda customer service four times over the last week, and despite contact being promised within set times, have yet to speak to the case manager handling my query.
Buyers beware - Mazdas are fine when they're running OK, but the aftecare service is appalling from both dealerships and Mazda Motors UK.
Poor spares availability - Falkirk Bairn
Doesn't speak volumes for Mazda's aftercare service - as the HT Lead is a Ford
part so should be readily available.
Unfortunately as we want the HT Lead to be replaced under warranty - we're stuck
with getting the part through Mazda

Under warranty it is free but your ulcer might get worse with the pain you are putting yourself through.

Put your hand in your pocket and buy an HT lead from Uncle Henry - the pain of the HT lead will go away and you will be due a spare when Mazda have one in stock!
Poor spares availability - hugopogo
I was surprised, however, that the wait for a new one was going to be a couple of months. Are these cars that Mazda has underestimated demand for, hence the waiting list and spares issue? I haven't seen that many around.

Oh fiddlestick, I was hoping to get a new one before my MOT is due on the Micra... Might struggle now!
Poor spares availability - Kevin
I'm serious here. You do not have to put up with service like this.

Call the dealer principal and tell him that you will give him 24hrs to get it replaced. After that, you are going to park it in a very prominent place (preferably outside the dealers premises) with big signs in the windows. Tell him that before doing so you are going to call the local newspaper to let them know exactly where and what time you will be doing so. After that you will write to every motoring magazine you can think of enclosing photos of the scene.

I did this many years ago after a Vauxhall dealer gave me the runaround over a broken wiper arm on a brand new Cavalier SRi. They had one available the next morning.

Kevin...
Poor spares availability - oilrag
I`m surprised the dealer didn`t just pop down to Ford to get one off the shelf.

Wonder what Ford charge for a single HT lead? I mean, its not as though its a bodge is it? It would seem to be the actual OE part.
All this stems from the coil pack being diagnosed as being faulty in April and replaced in May - now the exhaust sounds noisier than it used to.

So we suspect that if and when an HT Lead is fitted, the catalytic convertor may have been affected by the poor running of the car, or the exhaust may have been adversely affected by the juddery drive ensuing from the faulty coil pack. Either way, it looks like the HT Lead may be only part of the story.

I've done the dealer principal route - which is why I progressed to Mazda Motors UK

Due to Mazda Customer Service not returning my phone enquiries, my next step has been to write directly to the MD of Mazda Motors UK

We are seriously considering changing the car before anything else deteriorates - probably for something like a Toyota who do offer good dealer service and good customer service (following my experience with my current 2006 Corolla).

Re Mazda - buyers beware. Mazda are happy to sell the cars - not repair them
Poor spares availability - Galad
Local Mazda dealer didn't have a humble air filter in stock for my 323TD. Luckily a nearby car parts shop had a generic one available at 30% less than the original part and it's been going great for a year now.