What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
03 18k ECU Engine Management Light - paul2007
Hello,
My MB, c180k, auto 2003, the light came on after a few days of low radlevel warning coming on & off & high temps. The lightr went out after 2 weeks. Car ran good.

It came back on again a few days ago, not sure if the car is hesitating at times or just my feeling.

Mercedes charges about £120 to check.

A friend did a check with small meter & he felt it was the number one lamba sensor aka 02 sensor

All help apprciated.
03 18k ECU Engine Management Light - elekie&a/c doctor
A good independant garage should be able to read the diagnostic fault codes and make an assessment of the problem.A multi -meter and a guess is not really good enough on these late very complicated cars.hth
03 18k ECU Engine Management Light - Screwloose
paul

You drove around with the water level light on and a £5000 engine overheating for a FEW DAYS!!
What it must feel like to be that rich.... I'd have been looking for the first safe place to stop and check the water.

A toy code-reader probably can't read Mercedes codes and EOBD is virtually useless now anyway. What code did it bring up?
03 18k ECU Engine Management Light - paul2007
Cheers o both of you.
My internet was not working hence the delay in me ret here.

no fault code, but rad pic coming up. The car has alwasran hot,ie, close to 97 in traffic.