What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Considering a 1.4 Dsi. - hydro
Hi everyone, I need a car and was considering a Jazz 1.4DSI SE.
I travel 30 miles to work (only about 2 miles non motorway driving) and back five days a week. Then just drive around town and also have to park on the street.
I would appreciate any advice etc on this car in these conditions,
Thanks.

slt

Edited by Pugugly on 08/06/2008 at 00:17

Honda Jazz - doctorchris
Excellent choice. You will probably see 44mpg at least, will find it an easy and relaxing car to drive. Easy to park. Parked on the street, it is of no interest to the car thief and does not incite envy that would encourage folk to scratch or damage it out of spite.
Nothing goes wrong and if you are not tempted to keep it forever, it holds it's value well.
Honda Jazz - hydro
You've convinced me Doctorchris. Put a deposit on a 1.4SE 06 model with just over 5000 miles on the clock. Got it for £8695. Drives great. Thanks for the advice.
Considering a 1.4 Dsi. - Kevin Phillips-Bong!
Brilliant little car, we've been trying out a 1.4 Sport to replace Mrs. Bong!'s tin heap. Tremendous, excellent handling, bags of space and really well built. Seems to be doing about 48mpg in Mrs. Bong!'s hands too.
Considering a 1.4 Dsi. - Avant
The specifications may have changed but when we got one for SWMBO (one of the first, in 2002) the Sport spec was mainly cosmetic over the SE and wasn't worth the extra. Worth checking.
Considering a 1.4 Dsi. - ukjazz
The best choice is the SE spec, the sport has a bodykit and high group 4 insurance.
we have run 3 Jazz Se's since 2002 both are CVt auto's.
econmy is good 1 yr servicing , fr tyes 20k, fuel 48-55 mpg grp 3 ins

Why not wait until Dec Jan and drive the 2009 Jazz - seems to be a better vehicle all round
see more at the link http//clubjazz.org
Yes but you do get climate control and 4 electric windows plus a few other bits and bobs on the Sport. Insurance costs for us are £8 a year more than an SE
Mrs Bong! is also going to try a Hyundai Getz, maybe I should point her at the i30 or i10 too?
Considering a 1.4 Dsi. - carl_a
The Jazz is a nice car but it's size is somewhat overrated, the space in the front seats is dire compared with the Colt, Fiesta and new Corsa. Hoping that the new Jazz is much better in this respect, it's a expensive too but worth it in the long run.

Before I bought my Colt the Getz was one of the cars I tried, it's really well built but the engines aren't quite up there with the best and many owners complain about poor MPG. at 6k the Colt still delivers great value, if they reduced the C02 to < 120 they'd sell lots more!
Colt sounds like a good idea but we don't have a dealer within 40 miles so it's probably a non-runner.
Considering a 1.4 Dsi. - Bill Payer
The Jazz is a nice car but it's size is somewhat overrated the space in
the front seats is dire compared with the Colt Fiesta and new Corsa.

We have a Jazz and a Colt - can't say I've noticed any difference in front seat space. The sliding rear seat in Colt is quite but obvioulsy takes away some of the boot space. Jazz's "magic" seats are very neat.
at 6k the Colt still delivers great value

Those deals seem to have gone, at least for the moment. Entry level 3dr CZ1 is being advertised back at £7500, which is far too dear for what it is.