What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
1.9Tdi Engine Number - rickla13
I am in the process of importing my Swiss LHD galaxy following my return to the UK after 2 years living & working in Switzerland.

The Customs & Excise form that I am filling in asks for the Engine number (in addition to the VIN). Can anyone help me locate this - as I can see nothing obvious in the engine compartment, and it is not listed on my Swiss registration documents?

Thanks for any help
Rick

Edited by Pugugly on 18/04/2008 at 18:13

Ford Galaxy 1.9Tdi Engine Number - Screwloose

The number is on the engine, but it's location varies - what year, engine code and injection type?
Ford Galaxy 1.9Tdi Engine Number - rickla13
Hi - it is a 2004. Not sure about the answers to your other 2 questions?

All that you can see under the boonet, is a big plastic cover - does this need to be removed?

Thanks

Rick
Ford Galaxy 1.9Tdi Engine Number - jc2
Shjould be shown on the invoice when you purchased it new.
Ford Galaxy 1.9Tdi Engine Number - rtj70
If you are coming back to the UK permanently then it might be an idea to consider selling the LDH Galaxy in mainland Europe (e.g. Switzerland) and buying RHD in the UK. Longer term may you not regret bringing the LHD vehicle to the UK? At some point you will want to sell it on and find you cannot get a good price.

Maybe time to take the hit now?
Rick

Err; yes.

On that year it will be a PD injector engine and it's stamped vertically on the front of the block, just below the head face, adjacent to the clutch housing.

It might be in the front of the service book too. The dealers are usually too lazy over here - but the Swiss are reputed to be......
Ford Galaxy 1.9Tdi Engine Number - rickla13
Struggling to take off the plastic cover! Will take it to my friendly garage tomorrow!

Front of service book just shows AUY as the engine number, but imagine that full number is longer than this.

Happy to drive LHD - and used car prices in Swit are a fraction of UK value (especially when they know they are buying from an ex-pat returning to the UK!). Will be useful on the French tolls to be on the correct side of the car anyway!

Thanks to all for help.

The AUY is the engine code; 85kw PD unit.

You'll find the bolts holding the cover are under little flick-out discs, or it'll be the pull-up type. The handbook will tell you.
Ford Galaxy 1.9Tdi Engine Number - Sodsquirt
I cna't find my Engine code either. All i can find is a number in the windscreen but i believe that's chassis number. I need my number because my engine siezed up and i need it to get the correct new engine for my car:

1996 - P Reg Ford Galaxy 1.9TDi

Cheeers
Fred
Fred

There may still be a label on the cam-belt cover; or in the front cover of the service book; or somewhere in the rear floor area.

You're looking for 1Z/AHU.