What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
2000 W auto petrol. revs staying up??? - mondeo lover
hi all. has anyone any idea as to why my revs are staying up. insted of staying at about 750 rpm ish they are staying up at about 1200 - 1500 rpm. i have greased / lubed the cables and the springs etc arount the throttle housing. i have checked all air pipes for cracks / splits etc etc, all seem fine. any help would be a great help.
kevin
2000 W auto petrol. revs staying up??? - Screwloose
kevin

Possibly a stuck idle speed control valve - it's on the throttle housing.
hi thanks for that screwloose but i have took that of and checked it and it seems fine, sorry forgot to mention that. is there anychance i may have put it on the wrong way round?????? just a sugestion?

Remove it again; block the holes and see what the idle speed is. Does the temp gauge read correctly?
ok will do, what hole do i need to cover up? the temp gauge seems to be fine, havent noticed anything that gives me cause for concern.

The two big holes the air flows through? Make up a blanking gasket out of card is one way.
i will try it tommorow mate , is there anything else it could be , i may as well have a load of options whilst i have it apart . thanks mate
hi again. i just checked my manual and it says my ISCV is underneath the car and there are no pipes going to it. i have a throttle potentiometer on the throttle housing.
2000 W auto petrol. revs staying up??? - elekie&a/c doctor
The engine fitted to this is a Zetec unit with the exhaust at the front of the engine.The IAC valve is at the back of the engine,above the starter motor,and a bit of a fiddle to get to from the top.Better access is from below.I would strongly advise disconnecting the battery before attempting to remove the valve as the main battery/starter lead runs very close.The valve is usually screwed to the manifold by 2x 8mm head bolts.hth
thanks doc. done that but its made no differance. has anyone got any other ideas. im still geting my hessitation problems, please see my previous post under ford mondeo hessitation / judder, could this all be linked.????
thanks guys.
mondeo lover

It would have been a lot better to have continued your previous post. Combine high idle with hesitation and an air leak comes to the fore.

Double check the breather hose running under the coil to the back of the inlet manifold; they split and fold inwards making it near impossible to hear.