What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
2002 1.3 Endura-E, oil on rocker cover - Errodiel
Opened up my 2002 Ka this morning to change a headlight bulb (pig of a job, do they think we all have the hands of an elf?) and noticed a bit of oil on top of the rocker cover, or rather around the bolts that are holding it down. Is this anything to worry about? It's going in for an oil change and service next week (MOT the week after) so any problems can be sorted out then.

Thanks in advance :)
2002 1.3 Endura-E, oil on rocker cover - ChicksFan
Could be a blocked breather pipe causing it. Why not mention it when it goes in for its service?
Oh I'll definitely mention it! Just want to prepare myself in advance if it's likely to be a big problem, no more paydays between now and MOT day!
2002 1.3 Endura-E, oil on rocker cover - Screwloose

An Endura with a bit of oiliness arond the cover bolts.... No! Never!!

[Almost normal.]
2002 1.3 Endura-E, oil on rocker cover - ChicksFan
I've had oilyness round the camshaft cover on my Corsa for years now. It happens. It won't be anything serious. I replaced a split hose between the camshaft cover and the crankcase breather pipe which was causing most of it. Cost less than a fiver.

I guess yours will be something similar. Hoses get blocked, especially if a car does a lot of short runs. When they get old they can split. It's normally a matter of disconnecting the hose and blowing through it to clear it, also the connecting tubes. If it splits just replace it.

I don't think you need to worry.

Ron
Thanks for the replies! Definitely put my mind at rest. Wasn't overly concerned because it's such an old engine, but it's nice to be sure. Thanks again!
Just thought I'd update - turned out rocker cover gasket needs replacing - £6. And a good deal on a pair of kumho tyres as well. Best service ever! ;-)