What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
95 1600 (Honda ?) leaking oil - AEboni
I recently just brought an 1995 Rover 416sli automatic , Honda engine from my understanding . Its got 59000 on the clock and was driving well and still does to some extent . Trouble is that oil has started leaking from the engine . I am scared as to what problem it can be because if its extensive I wont be able to afford to repair it . I was wondering if anyone could give me advice or a clue as to what it could be . I have only had the car for a number of weeks and rely heavily on it to take my children to school otherwise it would take me 1hr 30mins one way . The mechanic who sold me the car has checked everything and said all oil levels are to max and ok . The oil colour I saw is like a rusty red although this could suppose be the oil mixed with rust .......HELP

Obviously not read the small print on posting or Sex Pics sticky :-)

Edited by Pugugly {P} on 25/01/2008 at 18:28

95 1600 (Honda ?) leaking oil - Screwloose

Rusty red sounds far more like transmission fluid or possibly coolant. Transmission pipes rot through on these.

Where is it coming from? The front of the engine bay; the near-side etc?
95 1600 (Honda ?) leaking oil - AEboni
Hi and thanks for replying the oil leak is at the front nearer to the front passenger side . There are four drips close together. I am very worried about the possible cost . It would be great to get an idea .
95 1600 (Honda ?) leaking oil - Screwloose

Until someone's looked and established whether that is the case and which - or both pipes are leaking; then costing is pure guesswork. One used to be fairly reasonable; the other extortionate. [That was 5 years ago when Rover still existed.]

Whether it's still possible to source them at all is more of an issue. Uncommon Rover parts are drying up fast.