What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
cable come off bonnet catch - nirmski
The bonnet on my rover 75 wont open the cable seems to of come off, I have read an old post on this that says there is a junction box under the o/s front wheel liner, were the cable splits into two near the washer bottle, but on mine there dosnt seem to be one or any sign of a cable. I have removed the front grill and there is no way to get at the catch. Any tips on getting the bonnet up would be helpful.

Edited by Pugugly {P} on 12/01/2008 at 15:36

cable come off bonnet catch - Pugugly {P}
And through the magic of using the words "75" and "bonnet" in the forum search the below was found.

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=39629

Edited by Pugugly {P} on 12/01/2008 at 15:37

Thanks but this is where it says there is a junction box under the o/s wheel liner, but there isnt one on mine, i was hoping there was an update to this thread

Edited by Pugugly {P} on 12/01/2008 at 16:01

cable come off bonnet catch - scrapmetal
It will be there, have another look, these cables usually come off when the latches are seized or partially seized.
cable come off bonnet catch - R40
The junction box is in the engine bay.

If you post a request on the owners club site at www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum then one of the mods can email you full instructions on how to sort as well as the modification to prevent it happening again.

hth

R40

Edited by R40 on 12/01/2008 at 23:22

Thanks, I asked one of the mods from owners club, but they don?t seem to like helping out with this once it happens as they seem to feel it is a security risk. Just why they think your average car thieves are going to spend an hour on the side of the rd taking the front wheel and liner out only to find that the cables are still in the engine bay is beyond me, Surely if they wanted to open the bonnet it would be quicker to smash a window and pull the bonnet catch. Even if they do get into the engine bay I fail to see what good it can do them, they still need to get through the door and without a key the car car is going no where. It seems this is a common fault on this model where the nipples pull through a plastic junction box, so if anybody has had this happen I would be very great full if you could email me at nirmski-@hotmail.co.uk to advise how I can get to this box to release the bonnet.
cable come off bonnet catch - R40
email sent. Let us know how you get on.

Regards

R40
cable come off bonnet catch - welsh pete
If you ever found the answer can you let me know. My garage has found the junction box behind the fron o/s wheel and pulled the cables. One of them has snapped and i'm properly stuck>>
cable come off bonnet catch - saint mellons
Did you, or anyone, ever find out the answer to this problem? I am stuck in the same position, and no one seems to know a solution.