What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
1998 1.25 cuts out and revs when stationary - carl24488
Hi all, i have a mk 4 fiesta and when im stationary my car revs with my foot off the accelerator. whether im in gear or neutral, recently it has gotten worse and the only way to stop it revving is to turn it off! when i come to a stop at a junction or lights the car can just cut out and further to this when i leave the car running the revs fluctuate as if the car is going to stall then revs climb... i have heard this could be the idle speed control valve and many ppl have the same problem but has anyone any advice?
Fiesta 1998 1.25 cuts out and revs when stationary - Screwloose

Remove it; clean it; WD it; try it.
Fiesta 1998 1.25 cuts out and revs when stationary - carl24488
could anyone advise me as to where the iscv is? or how to remove and clean it? i suppose if i went to a scrap yard i have just as much chance of picking up a iscv with the same prob?
Fiesta 1998 1.25 cuts out and revs when stationary - Screwloose

It's on the inlet manifold near the throttle body. Two smoll bolts. If in doubt; take it to a pro.
cheers, i will have a look at it and see if i can do it myself and let you know... if i cant ill take it to a garage although i dont fancy the charges
Fiesta 1998 1.25 cuts out and revs when stationary - bell boy
tinyurl.com/ypc4ym
Fiesta 1998 1.25 cuts out and revs when stationary - jc2
Cleaning is not always successful;alternative is new one.
that picture helps alot...i will have a go at it when my girlfriend brings it back! she has stolen it for the day cos her fiats broke down!