What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Bought a new car - Rattle
I finally found that perfect Fiesta, full service history, fresh 12 months MOT, no smoke what so ever, brilliant starter, 62k backed up by all the past MOTs and service stamps.

It is a 1.3 Ghia model and everything is electric, the valve clearances have just been adjusted too so the engine sounds silent for a push rod unit.

There is not a scratch or dent on the body work, even the alloys look new.

Paid £850 for it and while was there their phone kept ringing for people come to have a look at it and a few people turned up from miles away. It was all so chaotic. The advert had only been in since 12 too.

i167.photobucket.com/albums/u141/amazingtrade/insi...g

i167.photobucket.com/albums/u141/amazingtrade/newc...g

{url links corrected, as using the html code "img" won't work on this site - DD}

It has a quick clear windscreen too which will be handy in winter.

Everything is electric including the drivers eat :). The pedals and steering feels lovely and the chassis seems to be amazing so far though not really driven it round the bends.

It has enough pulling power to go up hill without slowing down which is all I really need.
Bought a new car - AlastairW
It having Quickclear is a surprise. ISTR they only fitted them to 1.4s and above, cos using the screen puts a big load on the alternator. For instance, when I use the Quickclear in my 1.8 Focus, the wipers slow down noticeably.
I've checked the spec and it was all original, maybe its was an option. I am not sure what rating the alternator is but there is surprising amount of torque from them old push rod units.

The only modern feature it seems to be missing is air con but again would you really want that on a 60bhp engine?
Bought a new car - Nsar
Good luck with the new jalopy - sounds a good one. My 1.25LX on a T-plate had quickclear (if you mean those very thin wires in the windscreen) a really good idea, shame other manufacturers don't seem to use it.
Bought a new car - LHM
good idea shame other manufacturers don't seem to use it.

I think FoMoCo has a patent on it.
Bought a new car - flunky
had it on my Megane
Bought a new car - spikeyhead {p}
Has it on my Caterham too

Its not unknown for patents to be licensed to others
--
I read often, only post occasionally
Bought a new car - Armitage Shanks {p}
Looks really clean inside. I hope you don't have kids and/or dogs to mess with that light grey!
that is the problem :( it will be used as a carpet cleaning van and as a computer repair van :D but my dad can easily clean it as he valets cars :).

If the car turns out to be good one we will keep it to as longs as ecomnicaly viable.

People are telling me the car is worth around £1000-£1100, so if it is a good one no wonder so many people were after it.
Bought a new car - flunky
how old is it?
December 97 R reg but there isn't even a single rust bubble on the car, the body work does not look like a ten year old car. Seem to be going for just over 1000 on ebay.

I just cannot get over how new the pedal feels, I guess I was so used to driving my old 104k lemon.
Bought a new car - Blue {P}
Very very nice mate, I had a MK5 1.25 Ghia and have some very fond memories of it, what a cracking little car they are to drive, I honestly believe them to be the best small car of that vintage.

The interior on yours is simply stacks better than any equivalent Micra/Corsa/Clio, and the quickclear is the best thing since sliced bread, my new (to me) Mondeo has it and I'm actually looking forward to using it on the first frosty morning as I haven't had a quickclear car for about 2 years now.

Really pleased for ya.

Blue