What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Plain clothes police car on M6! - Round The Bend
Drove down the M6 from Birmingham yesterday morning. Saw an unmarked police Impreza in silver with blue lights flashing having just pulled over a boy racer. I wonder if the boy racer has seen the Impreza and tried to race him? Nasty shock if he did!

Also (to my amusement) saw 2 nice new BMWs s on the hard shoulder, a silver one having just shunted a black one. No one else involved.

Plain clothes police car on M6! - PhilDews
They certainly seem to have some nice unmarked cars in the West Midlands - I've seen the obvious Skoda Octavia VRS (not a bad vehicle), the again obvious S60, and a brand new Vectra V6 during my various travels. They also have a Jag X-type. Must keep an eye out for the Scooby.
Plain clothes police car on M6! - Chris White
The police have got a nice Ford Focus ST in silver in the Eastbourne area (seen them pull over a few boy racers). Again, I don't know if the boy racers try to race them and get a bit of a shock when they get pulled.

Chris
Plain clothes police car on M6! - Galad
And they're using these unmarked and inconspicuous vehicles to sit on motorway bridges with a speed camera and drivers don't know they've been clocked until the fine hits the doormat
Plain clothes police car on M6! - Vansboy
The Subaru is available for you to buy, tomorrow...

SUBARU IMPREZA 2.0 WRX 4WD, 4 Doors, Saloon, Petrol, Manual Transmission, Registered 01-12-2002
Sale date 19-07-2007
Registration WN52FWE
Registered 01-12-2002
Colour GREEN
Mileage 121,932
Equipment Air Conditioning Alloy Wheels Compact Disc Player Drivers Airbag Electric Windows Passenger Airbag Power Assisted Steering Stereo
Log Book No Log Book
Location Preston

& it's only just run in!!

VB

Plain clothes police car on M6! - bell boy
sounds dodgy to me.......no log book an all.....dat ting
Plain clothes police car on M6! - Vansboy
& the Skoda, too!

SKODA OCTAVIA 1.8 T VRS, 5 Doors, Hatchback, Petrol, Manual Transmission, Registered 07-01-2002
27-07-2007 00:00, Police
Registration YC51UYT
Registered 07-01-2002
Colour BLACK
Mileage 68,136
Equipment Alloy Wheels CD Autochanger Drivers Airbag Electric Windows Half Leather Seats Passenger Airbag Power Assisted Steering Stereo
Location Brighouse

& in case it wasn't clear, each vehicle are Ex Police, so no, they won't be dodgy, log book will appear, prior to the sale, usually!

VB

Plain clothes police car on M6! - stevied
If that's true Galad, I am well and truly screwed!

Cue "but if you went at the limit you wouldn't have to worry". Cartman replies "mee mee mee mee mee, mee mee mee mee". >> And they're using these unmarked and inconspicuous vehicles to sit on motorway bridges with a

Plain clothes police car on M6! - Bill Payer
I've never seen anything (in recent times) than Volvo S60's on the M6 / M6 Toll. I use the toll road about once a month (return journey) and I don't think there has been a single occasion when I haven't seen an unmarked S60 stopping someone.
Plain clothes police car on M6! - doug_523i
I've seen an unmarked white Astra on the M56 around the Manchester airport junction a couple of times, blues hidden behind the grill. I've also seen an unmarked Range Rover, with very dark rear windows, on the M62.
Plain clothes police car on M6! - David Horn
I've also seen an unmarked Range Rover
with very dark rear windows on the M62.

Drug dealer, maybe?
Plain clothes police car on M6! - Mercian
Black, unmarked Saab 9-3 convertible on the M6 toll blue lights behind the rear screen - seen that stop at least 2 motorists recently. Really..

Often parked up at the northbound toll offices, except when it isn't...obviously chosen to be as unsuspecting as possible, but once seen, you won't pass any black Saab convertibles in a hurry.

Plain clothes police car on M6! - Kuang
Send them my way when they're done - there's a few of the little Saxo-toting swines around here who could do with a good slap...
Plain clothes police car on M6! - colynn
I was taken to the Ferrari day at Silverstone last month, just before the F1.

There was a police Ferrari up there on show. some copper got lucky
Plain clothes police car on M6! - rogue-trooper
ferrari marketing so as soon as the show is over the decals come off, pictures get sent to magazines. all very passé after the Italian police and their Lambo which I believe is still in service
Plain clothes police car on M6! - cheddar
I have done M5, M42, A42 to Donington today and return (320 miles round trip), a bit late on the way up so sat on cruise at about 82-83mph all of the way but for the variable bit of the M42, so hope ANPRS or plain clothed boys with cameras were not too vigilent
Plain clothes police car on M6! - BobbyG
You don't need them to be vigilant if you are willing to confess to breaking the law anyway ! :)
--
2007 Seat Altea XL 2.0 TDI (140) Stylance
2005 Skoda Fabia vrS
Plain clothes police car on M6! - cheddar
You don't need them to be vigilant if you are willing to confess to breaking
the law anyway ! :)

>>

So were 75% of the vehicles on the m/way, 25% of which perhaps going faster than me.

I figure the speedo is about 7% over over typically so say 77mph then they apparently allow 10% so should be OK.
Plain clothes police car on M6! - Martin Devon
Cheddar, do you say cheeeeeese when they take your picture?

MD
Plain clothes police car on M6! - BobbyG
Still think Strathclyde Police have one of the best "plain clothes" cars. Its a silver Octavia VRS.
Anyone who comes from or lives in the Glasgow area will know that there are approximately 20,000 silver Octavia private hire cars in the city!!!!
--
2007 Seat Altea XL 2.0 TDI (140) Stylance
2005 Skoda Fabia vrS