What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Lexus Oil change frequency - kal
Hi the Lexus dealership in the UAE has a requirement for oil change frequency - every 5000km's, I realise the heat of the UAE is a strain but every 5000 KM's seems excessive. They state they use BP 5000.

From the BP web site:

SAE 5W-40
API SL / CF
ACEA A3-02, B3-98 Issue 2, B4-02
Volkswagen VW 502.00 & 505.00
BMW (Longlife-98)
Mercedes Benz (MB Sheet 229.3)
Porsche

any views gents?
Lexus Oil change frequency - oilrag
Whats the change interval for the air filter? and do you get a lot of atmospheric quartz dust as well as the heat?
Lexus Oil change frequency - kal
The air filter is replaced every 40,000 KM's ie at 40K, 80K and 120K (KM's).

It is my belief that they do this to make more profit (well they are not a charity) and I think even with the heat you can drive at least 10,000 km with BP Visco 5000. Every 5000km, implies a change approximately 3000 miles. Lexus web sites in the US and UK do not suggest such a short change interval. They charge approx the equivalent of 50 GBP for the change.

Toyota/Lexus have a repiutation in the market for being cheap to maintain, but I think the 5000 interval service requirement is designed to claw back lost profits.
Lexus Oil change frequency - MW
Sounds like they are operating the USA practice of 3k mile oil changes. I would think that on synthetic oil 8k kms is fine. I might change the air filtre more though given the dust, probably annually.
Lexus Oil change frequency - Bill Payer
I noticed in HJ's Toyota Soluna Vios 80,000km Test report he says:

"Our Vios gets an oil change every 5,000 kilometres, of course."