What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
New Ted Simon Motorcycling book - P.Mason {P}
I read in the Telegraph Motoring section that Ted Simon, who rode round the world on a Triumph,('Jupiter's Travels')has brought out a sequel,'Dreaming of Jupiter'- another round-the-world trip, 30 years on.
Although not a bike rider, I found the original book absolutely fascinating reading. Around the same time (1976) I read a book by two guys who drove a Ford Zephyr around the world; also a great read. However, I can't remember the name of the book. Anyone in the Backroom recall the title?
P.
New Ted Simon Motorcycling book - Pugugly {P}
Can't wait. Read Jupiter's Travels and Riding Home again last year after seeing Mr Simon on the "Long way round" DVD just before buying the GS. Can't remember the Zephyr book but would be interested to know.
New Ted Simon Motorcycling book - wobblyboot
You might also enjoy 'Running with the Moon' by Johnny Bealby, 'First Overland' by Tim Slessor, and full hard core overlanding 'The Places In Between' by Rory Stewart
First Overland' by Tim Slessor

Still have this in a much loved hardback edition from the 50s - I acquired it from my father, it bred in me a love of Sollihull's products (apart from the dreadful Freelander 1), I am taking it with me now to read before sleep kicks in. Thanks for that memory.
Oh.

Two more

Motorcycle Diaries by one Ernesto Guvarez

and

Chasing Che by Patrick Symmes

The former a trip around South America on a Norton, the latter following the former a few years later on a BMW GS no less.
New Ted Simon Motorcycling book - wobblyboot
These are one of my favourite kinds of books, first I went here, and this broke, and then I went there and that fell off...if you can think of any more I'd appreciate it. I have a shelf full of this sort of thing, not highly literally rated, but absorbing nonetheless.
"n I went there and that fell off..."

Which is why I came to love Landies art and life and all that.
Frist Overland. - Pugugly {P}
Bless. SWMBO noticed I was reading this book and came home tonight with a recent DVD featuring footage from the trip. I do love her.

Cracking DVD for any fans freely available on t'internet.

SWMBO found it in a charity shop by the way.