What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Best cheap CD player - Hugo {P}
I just want something cheap for SWMBOs car, preferably fitted as well FOC.

I was thinking of Halfords or an independent supplier. We don't have an in car CD player at all and the wife is talking about getting one - poss birthday pressie

Thanks
Best cheap CD player - Altea Ego
Halfords are doing JVC's at half price - 45 watts, plays mp3's - 79 squid.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Best cheap CD player - Pugugly {P}
Hugo

if you want a JVC I have one you can have for 30 pounds, single shot CD non RDS FM set. You'll have to fit it yourself though.

PU
Best cheap CD player - spikeyhead {p}
Ring round your local scrap yards, one of them is likely to be able to fit one for you cheap
--
I read often, only post occasionally
Best cheap CD player - Hugo {P}
Thanks - the JVC at halfords seems to be the best way.

As tempted as I am with your offer PU, I may opt for something new. Thanks anyway.

H
Best cheap CD player - bell boy
jvc was good gear in the 70"s i believe its now schneider in asda
like most makes its now badged stuff
kenwood as in mixers then hi fi then they pulled out in the uk
i always foumd jvc tinny in the sound
buy a sony if you can but with a proper volume control those modern computer push button ones are useless if you need to turn the volume down quickly at a junction etc
Best cheap CD player - Pugugly {P}
Kenwood mixers and Hi Fi were as different as as different things. Ken Wood invented a particular type of food mixer and branded it with his own name, Kenwood was a middle to upper end Japanese HiFi sold as Trio in the UK., not connected to food.
Best cheap CD player - Pat L
That's right PU.

I had a Kenwood unit in my old BMW and it was excellent. Cost about £100 fitted from Halfords a few years ago. I would have though any offer on a brand name like Kenwood, Pioneer, Sony, JVC, Panasonic or Clarion would be worth going for. Alpine and Blaupunkt are supposed to be superb but tend to be quite pricey.
Best cheap CD player - Stuartli
>>ike most makes its now badged stuff>>

Until last month JVC (Victor Company of Japan), founded 90 years ago, was part of the giant Matsushiba group (Panasonic etc), but last month Matsushita sold its stake in the company to the Texas Pacific Group (Segate Technology, Del Monte Foods, Ducati motorcycles etc).

JVC has been producing high quality electronics and other products for decades.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Best cheap CD player - SpamCan61 {P}
>>JVC has been producing high quality electronics and other products for decades.

Although I saw a pile of JVC TVs in Tesco the other week, with "made in Turkey" on the boxes, presumably manufactured by Vestel and a JVC badge stuck on.

I'm not sure if there are any consumer electronics companies left who don't outsource at least some of their production to cheap, high volume 3rd party box builders like Vestel :-/
Best cheap CD player - Stuartli
I've got several Japanese products going back many year from highly respectable brand names that have been made in Malaysia, Singapore, China, Taiwan etc - the quality is always first class.

The Japanese found it cost effective to open factories in other countries just as much as others...:-)

In fact the great majority of digital cameras are still sourced from Taiwan even by the big brand names, while your Intel CPU (if you have one) could have come from a range of production plants across the world.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by