What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Need the code for radio M4000 Traffic - Vienna
I need the code for Ford radio M 4000 Traffic serial number - M059821. Would be obliged if anyone could help.
Need the code for radio M4000 Traffic - andrew122
8< SNIP - Free advertising plug removed - DD
Need the code for radio M4000 Traffic - andrew122
8< SNIP - Free advertising plug removed - DD
Need the code for radio M4000 Traffic - kithmo
This may be a genuine request from the owner of the said radio, but is this allowed on this site ?
Can someone who has never posted before and has a hidden profile get access to radio codes ?
And can someone who sells radio codes be allowed to advertise their website ?
If so it makes it easy for a radio thief.
Need the code for radio M4000 Traffic - Dynamic Dave
I have no quibbles with anyone requesting a code for their stereo, but it might well be better if they include an email address within their question so that anyone can reply directly to them. That said, I have previously replied to someone with a coding request for a 'Vauxhall' stereo giving a website that could *probably* help.

I do however (well HJ actually - but I am acting on his behalf) have issues with someone promoting their own services on here without seeking permission from HJ beforehand, hence the removal of the replies above.

I'm sure there are several on-line decoding services available that can easily be found via a google search, so any stereo thief can easily obtain codes if they so wish, but many newer stereos are now also coded to the car, so installing them in any other car than the one they're currently married up to would bea complete waste of time as they wouldn't work anyway.

DD. BR Moderator.

ps, to show that I am not a total killjoy, if the OP of this thread wishes to contact me, I will pass on the details of the website I removed further up this post. dave_moderator@honestjohn.co.uk